WILCO AUSTRALIAN TOUR CONFIRMED!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've read Wilco are happy with non-flash photography as long as it is ok with the venue, so I guess it is up to the Palais.

This is what it says on Wilco's site

wilco does allow non-flash still photography wherever it does not conflict with venue or other restrictions beyond our control. please be considerate of others. we do not allow video taping, and ask that you refrain from using your cel phones during concerts.

Can someone help me here?

I think I have tickets for the Melbourne show, same deal as everyone else regarding the odd woman at the Palais.

Now I want Sydney tickets which I have to buy through Ticketek. Usually when I get tickets this way the event is listed prior to the selling date but when I search Wilco I don't get a match. Am I doing something wrong or do some shows just appear on the day of sale? My son will be doing the buying for me and he won't persevere, so I have to get it right.

Thanks

I'm finding it weird that the Wilco date isn't appearing yet too. I just keep checking Ticktetek hoping it will miraculously appear. If it's not there on Friday I might try calling the Enmore directly.

Edit: I see that the Wilco info is now up on the Enmore site.

^^ haha i read you got a friendly girl and decided to ring, got the same lady as last time but she was in a better mood.. she seems to think that faxing, phoneing in at 8, or being there in person at 8 will all get you good seats. she said that they have never gotten a complaint about the seats they've given to people through the pre-sale. so i think its just a preference thing, if your happy faxing and are able to do it, then why not.

just had a look at the palais website. you can pre-order tickets now!!!! so i rang and yes tickets go on sale friday at 8:00am but the pre-sale is only by fax.... i don't have a fax machine...

titchyman what address have you got for the Palais' website? I've been trying www.palaistheatre.com.au on and off for the last few days and just can't get the page to load.

found these small articles in the street press that comes out today. there's a cool A3 size promo picture which i'll try to scan if ic an find a sacnner big enough!

INPRESS:

Lats here in 2003 for the big day out and a series of sideshows, wilco are returning to australia to make local audiences among the first to hear tracks from their upcoming new album, set for release in early may, as well everyone's favourite tunes from 2004's A ghost is born and 2002's Yankee hotel foxtrot. the chicago outfit have had a line-up change since their Oz outing, but, of course frontman Jeff tweedy is sure to be in fine form as always, following 18 months of solid touring and recording (with just a short break to catch their breaths before starting all over again for their next record). they play the Palais on wednesday 18th april and tickets go on sale this friday through ticketmaster. but ya better be quick.

BEAT:

Love police are ecstatic to announce the long awaited return of wilco, wilco's music is complex and dangerously catchy, lyrically sophisticated and provocative, noisy and somewhat serene. Their live sets, clocking in at over 2 hours, are a journey through their rich and exotic catalogue of tunes. The band has a new album scheduled for release in early May this year and local fans are sure to be the first to hear some of the new tunes when wilco plays april 18 at the Palais. tickets on sale january 19 from ticketmaster

just got our tickets for brisvegas and sydney!

sooooo fricken happy - thank you thank you thank you wilco! :D

(watched sunken treasure last night and now I'm looking forward to these shows even more - if that's possible!)

Got my standing ticket to Sydney's show! Luckily I happen to be flying into Sydney on the last day I'm able to pick tickets up from the office.

Now I'm keen to call the Palais again and see what seats I've scored with my fax booking. If it is closer that fourth row (which is very close guys!) I'd be very surprised, and ecstatic.

Phew. Tickets and flights are sorted. I can relax now, kinda. :)

Now I'm keen to call the Palais again and see what seats I've scored with my fax booking. If it is closer that fourth row (which is very close guys!) I'd be very surprised, and ecstatic.

they wont tell you (apparently they're not allowed to).. we've tried. they're posting them out today you'll see when you get them. if the fax was sent before today they should be better than the 4th row