WILCO AUSTRALIAN TOUR CONFIRMED!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the back, yep (actually, i think i was right behind that guy you're talking about - i think he's a closet VC'er). i remember someone asking me at the box office at 8am if they can pay buy credit card and i said Yes.

there was younger girl behind us within a group and some people were going back and forth getting coffee .. ah, i forgot - i was trying to keep out of the rain :lol

looks like the first couple of people/groups got rows D & E

on the back, yep (actually, i think i was right behind that guy you're talking about - i think he's a closet VC'er). i remember someone asking me at the box office at 8am if they can pay buy credit card and i said Yes.

there was younger girl behind us within a group and some people were going back and forth getting coffee .. ah, i forgot - i was trying to keep out of the rain :lol

looks like the first couple of people/groups got rows D & E

I was right behind the group that was getting the coffee. So it's starting to look like you have to know someone who knows someone to get in rows A-C.

I was right behind the group that was getting the coffee. So it's starting to look like you have to know someone who knows someone to get in rows A-C.

thats just shite. i hate how the 'true fans' who line up for tickets and pre-sale get shafted by people who for all we know don't even like wilco... their probally the people who will talk all the way through the show as well. maybe i should smuggle my sling shot in... (yes i have a sling shot).

The Byron Bluesfest Director had this to say over on their board:

"As with literally dozens of other artists, who are not playing Bluesfest this year, we made an offer for Wilco to play Bluesfest 2007 - they declined saying that as the last time they toured Australia was to play festivals - Big Day Out, they wanted to do a theatre tour this time.

thanks

Peter Noble

Festival Director"

Bummer. Would've been awesome to see them @ the BluesFest. Is it too late for a petition? :ohwell

I'm not that fussed about taking photos. I'll most likely have my camera with me having spent the day doing the geeky tourist thing, so if they find it, so be it.

Anyone know if the Enmore's policy is the same?

i feel bad for you guys who lined up or went in for the pre sales and didn't get right up front. i'm row c and i got mine off the internet morning of the show.

pre sales are almost always a waste, though, because they tend to just randomly distribute seats via them as opposed to giving out the best seats. anyway, you can see from anywhere in the palais but the stalls are best because of the steepness up top.

my best tip is to bring plenty of change for the st. kilda parking meters.

i feel bad for you guys who lined up or went in for the pre sales and didn't get right up front. i'm row c and i got mine off the internet morning of the show.

at least the rain held out till after 8am :lol

still, 4th row isnt anything to complain about. i was 4th in line (from 6am) and the 2 people in front also got 4th row. dont know what the lady that was first got

Hi guys, I am new around these quarters but a big Wilco fan. I also lined up at 7.30 on the morning of the concert going on sale and got seats in row G at the Palais. At 7 rows from the front, I am pretty happy. Does anyone know if they plan to put on another show in Melbourne? I would love to see them a couple of times...

• 2 weeks later...
from Wilcoworld...

APR-16 BRISBANE THE TIVOLI JAN-19

APR-18 MELBOURNE, AUS THE PALAIS THEATRE JAN-19

APR-21 SYDNEY, AUS ENMORE THEATRE JAN-19

APR-22 PERTH, AUS METROPOLIS FREEMANTLE TBA

ha! ask and ye shall receive!!!

Candy and Matt,

I in the same boat, flying from Perth to the Melbourne show. I agree its annoying when not announced all at once.

On the plus side - I think you will agree the Metropolis in Fremantle is probably the worst venue in Perth imo. Shit sound system designed for a nightclub not music. I saw Gomez there and sound horrendous.

Also a plus is Calexico are playing in Fremantle on 1 March at Freo Arts Centre. Now they are a hot band.

Wilco and Calexico Tours of Oz, im in heaven!

All i need now if for some promoter to agree to book Hawkwind. I tried to get them for the Big Day Out, the organisers for that were so up themselves and only interested in "corporate" bookings.

A Wilco/Hawkwind tour mmmmm that would be interesting.

I'll be doing my own tour of Tasmania after Melbourne Gig - hey Jeff Hobart's nice that time of year!

For info My fave Perth venues are:

1) Fly By Night

2) Kings Park under the Stars

3) Belvoir (under the stars too!)

Catch up with you all in Melbourne!

Sean In Oz