• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too much happened last night, but the new storyline concerning Jack definitely excited me. The episode, though, seemed appropriate given a nuclear bomb was just detonated. Very little action, but appropriate in pushing the day and plot forward.

I'm pumped for next week's episode.

my dad has boycotted the show, because before it was fictionalized enough to be interesting, now he said they are just playing on viewer's fear... he made a lot of sense, but i am still watching it.

flipped between it and heros last night.

i haven't watched previous seasons, but just saw the 4 hour premiere on DVD.

it's got an intriguing premise, and some intesting twists plotwise, but some of it just cheesy, especially the dialogue. what bugs me the most is that the terrorists speak in english, with stupid accents, which detracts from authenticity for me. it doesn't have a very cinematic feel to it (maybe because it's a tv show, duh) and Jack Bauer's character is kind of cartoonish and action figure like sometimes.

overall, it's probably better than 95% of shows on tv right now, but still did not live up to the hype. I prefer "Lost".

Seeing a Newfie comedian (Shaun Majumder) cast as a terrorist was hilarious. Better secure those borders people! ;)

I watched all of season 5 and the first few episodes of season 6 on DVD last week to catch up. (Still haven't seen 1-4, but I have a feeling I won't wait too long.)

It is a little contrived, but as my wife said, "so you think there is a mole in CTU this year?"

They have used up a lot of plot devices already and for some reason I enjoy Jack having to deal with family/friends being evil.

I was hoping so badly that Jack's dad would be played by Donald Sutherland.

me too. apparently Kiefer said they'd hope to get him for the role but scheduling conflicts made it impossible. on the bright side, James Cromwell is a damn good actor, so I'm not totally bummed.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it's not about the show, I met Keifer Sutherland last night, and he was really sweet.

Lots of people were calling him "Jack" all night though, he made a few sarcastic comments about it to me and my friend. Super nice dude.

Didn't go all fan-girl this time, so no picture with him, or even autograph, but that's ok.

:omg okay tell us more already!

my friend and i were lucky enough to go backstage after the rocco deluca show in atlanta staurday. keifer was there because the band is on his record lable. he came out before the show and introduced them too.

it was cool because i was talking to rocco and standing beside him, and keifer scooted over on the couch and said "sit, darling." we talked about music for a long time. i thought he was so cool, because he supports that band like most of us support wilco... :rock