Another harvest of Neil Young

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this Judy! :cheers Looking forward to this...whatdisay threw me a link on the 1/19/71 awhile back. Great stuff! And I hope like hell Mike is right about a Dick's Picks-style series of archival releases...my wife will be as excited as me about something like that ( maybe even more so).

The plan is for both the Performance series *and* the box sets to be released, the first of which (8cds, 2dvds) is due later this year.

What makes this year different than any other year that the first box has supposed to be released? That one older concert has already been released and another is due in a couple of months. The Fillmore and now Massey Hall gigs are signs that things are actually moving.

What makes this year different than any other year that the first box has supposed to be released? That one older concert has already been released and another is due in a couple of months. The Fillmore and now Massey Hall gigs are signs that things are actually moving.

As they used to say on Dead Dog Cafe, "Stay calm. Be brave. Wait for the signs."

• 5 weeks later...

(I posted this on another site... will port it over)

From uncut.co.uk

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/neil_young/news/9279

Long-awaited details about the forthcoming Neil Young Archives box-set have surfaced today.

The anticipated release date of 'Archives, Volume 1' is September this year.

The collection will feature eight discs, including "Live At the Filmore" (released last November) and "Live At Massey Hall", a solo set from 1971 which is due out on March 26 .

Thirty-eight previously unreleased songs will feature on Archives, billed as a 'musical autobiography' of Neil Young. Tantalisingly, the eight CDs only cover the period from 1964 to 1971, suggesting it is only the beginning of a vast release campaign.

Allan Jones, Editor of Uncut says "This is incredible news for Neil Young fans, like myself, who seem to have been waiting the best part of our adult lives for the release of this archive material. Neil has been talking about it for years.When I interviewed him in 1989, he told me it was coming together and to expect it soon. Which is also what he told me when I interviewed him in 1993. It looks finally like it's s happening at last, though, incredibly enough. On the evidence of the Live at The Filmore CD, it should be mind-blowing stuff."

We'll announce more details about Archives, Volume 1 on Uncut.co.uk as we get them.

(I posted this on another site... will port it over)

From uncut.co.uk

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/neil_young/news/9279

Long-awaited details about the forthcoming Neil Young Archives box-set have surfaced today.

The anticipated release date of 'Archives, Volume 1' is September this year.

The collection will feature eight discs, including "Live At the Filmore" (released last November) and "Live At Massey Hall", a solo set from 1971 which is due out on March 26 .

Thirty-eight previously unreleased songs will feature on Archives, billed as a 'musical autobiography' of Neil Young. Tantalisingly, the eight CDs only cover the period from 1964 to 1971, suggesting it is only the beginning of a vast release campaign.

Allan Jones, Editor of Uncut says "This is incredible news for Neil Young fans, like myself, who seem to have been waiting the best part of our adult lives for the release of this archive material. Neil has been talking about it for years.When I interviewed him in 1989, he told me it was coming together and to expect it soon. Which is also what he told me when I interviewed him in 1993. It looks finally like it's s happening at last, though, incredibly enough. On the evidence of the Live at The Filmore CD, it should be mind-blowing stuff."

We'll announce more details about Archives, Volume 1 on Uncut.co.uk as we get them.

This does not look good.....if you are a hardcore like me, you bought (or will buy) the 2 live CD already, now you will have to buy them again when Archive #1 is released....maybe you can just buy the unreleased stubb but I would Doubt that.

• 3 weeks later...
This does not look good.....if you are a hardcore like me, you bought (or will buy) the 2 live CD already, now you will have to buy them again when Archive #1 is released....maybe you can just buy the unreleased stubb but I would Doubt that.

It is really annoying.

The Archives rumours have been such a cruel tease for so many years, but I can't help getting excited when I see that trailer. Oh. My. God.

Perhaps since Neil's health scare he's gonna let some stuff see the light of day. We'll see. I might have to take out a 2nd mortgage, but wtf...ya gotta have priorities!

Maybe it has been hard for Neil to finally let go and release the Archives because this might seem like a tombstone to him. (I imagine there must be some existential angst lurking there somewhere.) For someone like Neil, it's probably much easier to keep making new albums than to look back and acknowledge that you've reached the twilight of your career (life). As a fan, even I'm not ready to face that yet.