Another harvest of Neil Young

Mirror Ball is really good - I read an article on it recently, a kind of "hidden gem" piece, saying it was overlooked when it came out. I remember a lot of press around it though when it was released, so not sure it's really "hidden".

Some of the songs on it are really good - certainly has some of his best plugged in work is on it.

Also interesting is that the albums will be part of the Archive... that's going to be an expensive box set. Glad I haven't ordered Massey Hall yet then... better start saving the pennies.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally listened to the copy I DLed, and I am 90% sure I had this same set as a bootleg on cassette back in the late 70s, which I wore out.

:wub I thought I'd never hear it again

#1 on the Canadian charts!

Canadian rock icon Neil Young has hit the top of the charts with old recordings' date=' Live At Massey Hall 1971.

The CD was released March 13 and is currently [b']No. 1 in Canada[/b], according to Nielsen Soundscan Canada, beating out Neon Bible by Montreal indie band Arcade Fire. As well, it's sitting at No. 6 on the Billboard charts during its debut week.

• 2 months later...
I think that album is sort of a stinker - except for a few songs.

Horses for courses. I think that's a fine album.

I couldn't find what you were on about with the marker thing though.

EDIT:

Inside the main sleeve you mean? Gotcha now....best guess would be Dean Stockwell was doodling.

Well, it is certainly pieced together and I think it shows. I like Will To Love, Star of Bethlehem, Like A Hurricane, and maybe Hey Babe.

Underneath the cd there is a big magic marker circle and also on the fold out sleeve there is the same circle.

I am guessing it was part of the original artwork - although, I have never seen the album.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this boxset isn't going to cost the Earth....

You just know it is. Credit cards across the world will have to take the hit.

I think that album is sort of a stinker - except for a few songs.

:blink :blink :blink :blink :blink :blink :blink :blink