Another harvest of Neil Young

Independence Day

In the spirit of Independence Day, Shakey Pictures will be airing a special exclusive web video this 4th of July weekend.

Tune in starting on Friday morning at http://www.neilyoung.com/ and http://www.csny-dejavu.com/

For best results, we suggest that you connect your computer to a good set of speakers, set your volume on LOUD and fire up the BBQ.

Let Freedom Ring!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003830076

Neil Young's 'Archive' To Be Available On CD, DVD

With "CSNY: Deja Vu," his documentary of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's controversial 2006 Freedom of Speech Tour, rolling out this week, Neil Young says his upcoming musical plans mostly involve his long-in-the-works "Archive" series as well as hitting the road.

This fall, the "Archive" series will begin to roll out with a 10-disc set of performances from 1963-72. Contrary to previous reports, and Young's own comments in the media, the set will be available in standard CD and DVD configurations and not exclusively in Blu-ray, but Young says he hopes fans will take advantage of the state-of-the-art format.

"Blu-ray is the future," Young tells Billboard. "It sounds the best, the navigating system is the best. I've made a lot of CDs and we've made a lot of DVDs, and Blu-ray technology is so far superior to anything else. The fact there aren't many players out there now doesn't meant that much to me, because it is the future, so I would rather focus on what's next. If you were to get a Blu-ray of the 'Archive,' you would get the best."

Young is also confident that the next volume of the "Archive" series will come in short order. "We've developed the platform," he says. "We have the format. We have everything together to do it. It just took 15 years to develop this platform and also to wait for technology that was strong enough for the platform to stand on."

As for live performances, Young says he'll "be touring pretty extensively for the next year, year-and-a-half," Young says. "That's what I'm focusing on. Playing for people with a great band is very rewarding. It's very good for me -- it keeps me in top form physically, and that makes me feel good.

"And I've found a way of doing it so I'm on and I'm off and I can get enough time on that I can focus on (other projects) and then I go right back out on the road again and take another couple shots at that."

Young does note, "as far as new music, there's just a few things that are going on, but nothing to speak of. Usually when it happens with me, it doesn't happen 'cause I planned it. It just happens. As fortunate as I have been so far, there'll be new music coming along the pike."

Young resumes touring Aug. 7 in Helsinki, playing in Europe throughout August and returning home for the Farm Aid concert Sept. 20 in Mansfield, Mass.

This fall, the "Archive" series will begin to roll out with a 10-disc set of performances from 1963-72. Contrary to previous reports, and Young's own comments in the media, the set will be available in standard CD and DVD configurations and not exclusively in Blu-ray, but Young says he hopes fans will take advantage of the state-of-the-art format.

I figured he would do that - as I think it would really limit how many people would buy it, if it was a Blu-ray only release. The dude who put the new disc drive in my computer a while back said he thinks DEll will be putting them in their computers soon enough.

Apple is Fisher-Price of Sound Quality, says Neil Young

2008 | July 26 | fortune.cnn.com

Neil Young has slammed Apple's iPods for dumbing music quality down to "Fisher-Price toy" levels at a technology conference in California this week (July 23).

Speaking in an interview with Time Inc. editor-in-chief John Huey at Fortune's Brainstorm Tech Conference Young said: "Apple has taken a detour down the convenience highway. Quality has taken a complete backseat - if it even gets in the car at all.

Apple is Fisher-Price of Sound Quality, says Neil Young

2008 | July 26 | fortune.cnn.com

Neil Young has slammed Apple's iPods for dumbing music quality down to "Fisher-Price toy" levels at a technology conference in California this week (July 23).

Speaking in an interview with Time Inc. editor-in-chief John Huey at Fortune's Brainstorm Tech Conference Young said: "Apple has taken a detour down the convenience highway. Quality has taken a complete backseat - if it even gets in the car at all.

• 2 weeks later...

"What people don't seem to grasp is the Archives is not just music, pimped with film and memorabilia...."

Hey, that was my posting from Thrasher's Wheat--it's got legs. Cool!

The latest Archive News is release November 3--just before the election. Now, I know what I want for Christmas! :dancing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A new Neil Young hour long documentary entitled "Don't Be Denied" is to air on BBC Four next month.

The television special is a first for the reclusive singer with the BBC documentary gaining new interviews with Young, nine months apart in New York and California.

Screening on October 31, the documentary will also look back over the singer's archives, with some never-seen-before material.

The programme will be shown just a few days prior to the expected release date of the first set of Young's much-delayed "Archives" project.

"Archives Volume One 1963-1972", a 10-disc Blu-Ray and DVD collection is expected to come out on November 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Click in here to watch them at work via webcam. (The workshop is in Wichita, Kansas, so keep that in mind if you find nobody home).

Click here for the Lincvolt website.

Click here for the YouTube channel

Undercover.com (article link)

Watch Neil Young, Motor Mechanic At Work

by Paul Cashmere - September 30 2008

photo by www.lincvolt.com

Watching Neil Young work on stage is a must have ticket, but watching Neil Young working on his Lincvolt project is another experience all together.

Lincvolt is the next project from Shakey Pictures. Young, together with his team including Adelaide resident Uli Kruger and mechanic Johnathan Goodwin as well as Will Mitchell, L.A. Johnson and Elliot Roberts, have been working to make what is affectionately known as the