Jeff talked about the new album tonight in Nashville

Says it's called "Sky Blue Sky," and it should be out May 15th. Great show, too, by the way. Sorry if this is old news.

[edit: topic sub-title edited by gogo (I'm going to keep merging these threads, unless someone has some specific thing to discuss; everything general is going to be tossed in here)]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if any of you were the person yelling for 'radio king', you should seriously consider ending yourself...and thanks for being an idiot and yelling it during spiders as well.

Yeah, that guy was a collossal douchebag; however, Jeff handled it well for the most part. Unfortunately, it set the precedent for anyone who felt like yelling something out to do so (sing "Happy Birthday" to my kid, call my sister, etc.) Still, amazing show.

yeah...it was a great show when people weren't yelling stuff out, which was pretty much whenever tweedy wasn't playing (sometimes even then). i still have that guy's voice in my head: "sorry." it sounded like something off of a stupid sitcom or something. the crowd was terrible, spiders and lammy cat were amazing. i hope there was taper b/c i'd really like to have that version of spiders (if i could edit out that guy screaming "radio king" in the middle). i hope the knoxville show is better as far as audience goes...

Says it's called "Sky Blue Sky," and it should be out May 15th. Great show, too, by the way. Sorry if this is old news.

Laurie Anderson?

I met this guy - and he looked like might have been a hat check clerk at an ice rink. Which, in fact, he turned out to be. And I said: Oh boy. Right again. Let X=X. You know, it could be you. It's a sky-blue sky. Satellites are out tonight. Let X=X. You know, I could write a book. And this book would be thick enough to stun an ox. Cause I can see the future and it's a place - about 70 miles east of here. Where it's lighter. Linger on over here. Got the time? Let X=X. I got this postcard. And it read, it said: Dear Amigo - Dear Partner. Listen, uh - I just want to say thanks. So...thanks. Thanks for all the presents. Thanks for introducing me to the Chief. Thanks for putting on the feedbag. Thanks for going all out. Thanks for showing me your Swiss Army knife. and uh - Thanks for letting me autograph your cast. Hug and kisses. XXXXOOOO. Oh yeah, P.S. I - feel - feel like - I am - in a burning building - and I gotta go. Cause I - I feel - feel like - I am - in a burning building - and I gotta go

What song was douchebag requesting when Jeff said his mother just died and he would never play that song again?

I believe he was requesting "Please Tell My Brother." The guy apparently had a Golden Smog fixation.

Great song, though, and I can see how that last verse would be incredibly difficult for Jeff to sing.

"Please Tell My Mother"

one of my friends was lucky enough to be sitting on the same row as that guy, he got removed near the end of the concert, not soon enough.

it was a great show and jeff was quite funny, but i agree, the audience went a bit far with the banter and special requests. ah, but the music was amazing. can't wait to go to Birmingham.

What song was douchebag requesting when Jeff said his mother just died and he would never play that song again?

Also, the idiot that asked Jeff to call his sister and talk to her felt pretty stupid afterwards. That made me happy.

Nice job on the cover art, Socbret. That's funny.

All of Wilco's cd covers have been a single photo. The next probably won't be an exception, bu I could envision the "Sky Blue Sky" cover to be an impressionistic illustration of some sort. Will be interesting to see the art direction on the new album..."Ghost" was rather simple but nice.

This is kind of a minor thing, but I like that Wilco put the songs on the backs of their CDs...with the number of the song before each title. I have many discs that I'll listen to....sometimes while driving...and I'll have to open the damn cd and pull out the booklet to remind myself of a song title or to see which number a song is. I'm all about unique cd art, but listing the songs on the back in readable fashion is very convenient.

"Please Tell My Mother"

one of my friends was lucky enough to be sitting on the same row as that guy, he got removed near the end of the concert, not soon enough.

it was a great show and jeff was quite funny, but i agree, the audience went a bit far with the banter and special requests. ah, but the music was amazing. can't wait to go to Birmingham.

it's "Please Tell My Brother"

Did anyone tape the show? Apparently he and Glenn played the the title track from the new album and I'd love to hear it.

Wasn't SBS also known as "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" at one point?

If they're the same song, then here's a link:

YSI link

If they're different songs, then that was a link to another new song called "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" with the phrase "sky blue sky" repeated several times, in the lyrics. :shifty

Did anyone tape the show? Apparently he and Glenn played the the title track from the new album and I'd love to hear it.

Second best would be a description from you lucky Nashville fans.

i enjoyed it...sounded alt-countryish...

looking forward to hearing the album iteration.