12" vinyl plays too slowly?

Anyone have the Grizzly Bear "Yellow House" limited edition double-lp?

The thing doesn't play at the right speed. It's not on high gram vinyl or anything. Am I doing something wrong?

LOL... it's not ANYWHERE on it, but it plays at 45 rpm!

you think they'd mention that :dj

It's not anywhere...anywhere! Not even the Internets or on Insound where I bought it. Thanks, Sam! 45 didn't quite seem right, but I'll give that another shot.

No, I know that ain't right.

I tried all of the various RPMs and checked the whole range of pitches, and nothing sounded like the CD.

But I'll try 45 again and see what happens.

;)

No, I know that ain't right.

I tried all of the various RPMs and checked the whole range of pitches, and nothing sounded like the CD.

But I'll try 45 again and see what happens.

;)

Is the album still boring as hell at those other speeds?

Is the album still boring as hell at those other speeds?

I've only listened to about 10%, so I actually don't know. My initial thoughts were kind of similar to yours, but I've been waiting to try it on the turntable. :(

here's certainly a few great songs on it (Lullabye especially, Knife, and On A Neck), but on the whole i just found it pretty underwhelming.

they were a BIT better live, mostly cuz their drummer is outstanding.

i may go see 'em again next month but only to see Portastatic open

I just don't get it. It's an alright album but it's just pretty background music, you know? I certainly don't get why people are shitting themselves over these guys. I picked it up based on all the stroking it got on here. I was not pleased.

It works fine at 45rpm.

Thanks!

As for the hi-gram thing, I just said that because it seems like when record companies spread an normally 1LP album over 2LPs, it's usually on hi-gram vinyl. In this case, I was thinking that the slowness at 33rpm was because they spread a normally 1LP album over 2LPs but didn't change the weight.

Something, anyway.

I just don't get it. It's an alright album but it's just pretty background music, you know? I certainly don't get why people are shitting themselves over these guys. I picked it up based on all the stroking it got on here. I was not pleased.

totally f'n agree :)

it's FINE, but it is just pleasant, nothing more...

I have a crush on this band.

They are all gay...seriously. "Grizzly Bear" was the lead singer's pet name for his ex-boyfriend's penis. Fun fact. Beyond that this record is okay but I much prefer them live (especially opening for TV on the Radio).