Marfa, TX -- 1/21/07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Walken in these setlists at all,you people need to hear this solo...............mind blowing!Can't waite to hear these shows,small venue shows are great,you can hear every jack ass remark!

No Walken in these setlists at all,you people need to hear this solo...............mind blowing!Can't waite to hear these shows,small venue shows are great,you can hear every jack ass remark!

fortunately the only jack ass remarks made in this show were from the artist. ;)

came in from houston just to see the Marfa show knowing it would be a great intimate setting ... felt I couldn't pass it up ... also managed to talk about 14 friends into joining ... we made a weekend out of it and had a ball ... great little town ... and the show was fantastic. Tweedy definately brought his A game as far as stage banter is concerned ... the crowd was focused and quiet which overall was a great thing although I like it when the "sing along" bug hits the room ... definately some quiet sing alongs but folks where generally quite ... but overall one of the best shows I have seen period ...

haha ... when he was asking for requests I of course yelled one of my favorite tunes "no poetry" ... got a few looks from some folks that might only be familiar with some of the album songs ... I think they thought I was asking him to cut out all the poetry stuff ... haha ... anyway great show - even my friends who came who had never heard tweedy where floored ...

by the way first post ... hi guys ...

I'd love to get a copy of the show if anyone has one ... I was standing next to a fellow recording from the floor ...

haha ... when he was asking for requests I of course yelled one of my favorite tunes "no poetry" ... got a few looks from some folks that might only be familiar with some of the album songs ... I think they thought I was asking him to cut out all the poetry stuff ... haha ... anyway great show - even my friends who came who had never heard tweedy where floored ...

by the way first post ... hi guys ...

I'd love to get a copy of the show if anyone has one ... I was standing next to a fellow recording from the floor ...

Are you sure those looks you were getting were not from the taper you were standing by? Concert attendee etiquette suggest that if your standing by a taper and you know it, you loose the privilege of shout outs, it fucks with the levels. :P

Welcome to via chicago and don't worry the show will surface in due time. We need to see how Warners tape turned out. No sense releasing a inferior recording.

hey radvocate! great user name!

forgot to mention how jeff derailed the photographer with the loud shutter at the beginning of the show. the photg. was taking pix during mountain bed: the shutter was quite audible and jeff was reacting to it. when he finished the song he asked everyone to refrain from taking pix the rest of the show. he offered to strike a few poses so that people could take their action shots right then.

he struck a few poses that looked like he was belting a song out then said, "people are gonna see these and say, "he was really into it!" :lol there were a few guitar shred poses, too.

i can see my blonde hat-head hair up in the front dave's balcony pic. just to the left of the center guitar up there... :monkey

Are you sure those looks you were getting were not from the taper you were standing by? Concert attendee etiquette suggest that if your standing by a taper and you know it, you loose the privilege of shout outs, it fucks with the levels. :P

Welcome to via chicago and don't worry the show will surface in due time. We need to see how Warners tape turned out. No sense releasing a inferior recording.

haha yeah I know ... although if its inbetween songs it's not too much of an issue ... but not to worry at the time I was in the middle of the room - then again with the size of the room everyone was standing next to everyone so a bit different dynamic than ussual ...

haha yeah I know ... although if its inbetween songs it's not too much of an issue ... but not to worry at the time I was in the middle of the room - then again with the size of the room everyone was standing next to everyone so a bit different dynamic than ussual ...

As one of the tapers i had no issue with anything anyone in Liberty Hall shouted that night. I loved the crowd, the venue and the show. It was everything a clear channel event is not. :D

Here is my vote for venue next time Tweedy want's to get intimate with the state of Texas.

http://www.gruenehall.com/

As one of the tapers i had no issue with anything anyone in Liberty Hall shouted that night. I loved the crowd, the venue and the show. It was everything a clear channel event is not. :D

Here is my vote for venue next time Tweedy want's to get intimate with the state of Texas.

Oh hell yes. I was thinking the same thing. I saw Jerry Jeff there 2-22-02

jerryjeff2.jpg

I love Gruene, Texas. I have some wonderful memories from the time I spent there. Ah, the sweet, sweet hill country.

at the show I actually mentioned to a friend the venue felt like gruene sans tables ...

OK here is a sample of some music from Liberty Hall. This download is dedicated to fellow Via Chicago member and the one that requested it Teri Yates.

same Wav format... sorry i hate mp3's the sound suffers enough being a audience recording

"Gun" unplugged

enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6qhwb

Thanks so much, timewasajoke. Once you get it all tracked out, do you think you could zip it up so you can sendspace one big file? I hate sendspace because it only lets you download one thing at a time.

After transferring the opening act this afternoon; Will Courtney who is the singer/songwriter of the band Brothers and Sisters and his petal steel player Ricky Swine. The sound was much better than my Tweedy set, and that set was captured where Warner taped Tweedy from. I moved to the cat walk to get above the audience and although the sound is not bad I should have stayed put.

I'll wait and see what Warner captured before i release any more. I just wanted to give everyone a early taste of what the show was like with the two files i shared.

Could someone expand on the "jeff leopard" thing? My friend was telling me this "title" was thrown around in Marfa and by the time the Austin show started there were T-shirts with "Jeff Leopard, Pour Some Tweedy On Me" I thought he might be joking but the reference in this thread has got me wonderin'.

Could someone expand on the "jeff leopard" thing? My friend was telling me this "title" was thrown around in Marfa and by the time the Austin show started there were T-shirts with "Jeff Leopard, Pour Some Tweedy On Me" I thought he might be joking but the reference in this thread has got me wonderin'.

hear for yourself.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kxf6zz