Does Wilco turn your kids gay ?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that site a joke? Please let it be a joke...

Fundamentalists don't joke. They are just a bunch of assholes that have to get into everyone's business.

the band KANSAS promotes a gay message?

I find this particularly odd. Kansas was one of the most overtly Christian rock bands before Creed came along. And they actually were from Kansas. You know, where everyone thinks evolution is "just a theory."

Maybe he has a thing against US-prog rock bands? Or maybe that they have James Brown on the cover...

Where is Loose Fur on that list? I thought "The Ruling Class" alone might get them on there. That entire record is "anti-christian!"

Thats not really my view of course, but i think someone who is like the creator of that website would think so.

i don't really view that album as anti-christian, but i definitely view it as anti-organized religion

And they actually were from Kansas. You know, where everyone thinks evolution is "just a theory."

Well, not everyone. :hmm

But, yes "Kansas, where evolution has been outlawed and the monkeys are in charge." ~ bumper sticker :monkey

...or something like that.

I find this particularly odd. Kansas was one of the most overtly Christian rock bands before Creed came along. And they actually were from Kansas. You know, where everyone thinks evolution is "just a theory."

Maybe he has a thing against US-prog rock bands? Or maybe that they have James Brown on the cover...

umm...that's John Brown on the cover of Kansas' debut. The Godfather of Soul probably never heard of the band. And evolution, like everything else is a theory. Unless you've actually seen a sea creature crawl from the sea, turn into a monkey and then develop into a human...you are just taking someones word for it. Kind of like what will happen after we die. Nobody's come back from death with pictures....knowhatimean?? It's all in what you come to believe.

umm...that's John Brown on the cover of Kansas' debut.

Somewhere, my retired history teachers are weeping, as is my choir teacher from middle school. I just confused the Godfather of Soul with a bat-shit crazy white abolitionist. :ermm

Kansas%20-%20The%20Best%20Of%20Kansas.jpg james-brown.jpg

:no

Though I found this while Googling :lol

james-brown-john-brown.jpg

And James probably DID hear of them, both were at the prime of their careers in the 70s.

Now for a more important topic:

And evolution, like everything else is a theory.

Yes, and like everything else, it's a scientific theory, which means, very roughly, that until someone else comes up with a better way of explaining it, or proves something else as scientific fact, it's the accepted explaination. You can also make an argument that evolution is scientific fact simply by looking at what happens in hospitals on an almost-daily occurence: bacteria and other germs becoming immune to antibiotics by evolving and adapting to their environment and being blasted by those pharmaceuticals.

Also, if you're going to be rejecting evolution for being "just a theory" you're also going to have to reject a fairly large amount of physics that explains how we're not flying off the Earth while it spins (Gravity), what keeps us from falling through the floor as if it didn't exist (Quantum mechanics), and why stars and other celestial bodies are moving away from us (Einstein's theory of Relativity). Then there's geology - plate tectonics, what truly causes earthquakes, and what's going on under Yellowstone National Park...

But I guess if you believe that a supreme all-knowing being created all this, you wouldn't care for all that either even though it's happening, whether or not you "believe" in it, which is what makes science science.

Now for a more important topic:

Yes, and like everything else, it's a scientific theory, which means, very roughly, that until someone else comes up with a better way of explaining it, or proves something else as scientific fact, it's the accepted explaination. You can also make an argument that evolution is scientific fact simply by looking at what happens in hospitals on an almost-daily occurence: bacteria and other germs becoming immune to antibiotics by evolving and adapting to their environment and being blasted by those pharmaceuticals.

when bacteria and germs evolve and form a rock band, i'll jump on that bandwagon.

Also, if you're going to be rejecting evolution for being "just a theory" you're also going to have to reject a fairly large amount of physics that explains how we're not flying off the Earth while it spins (Gravity), what keeps us from falling through the floor as if it didn't exist (Quantum mechanics), and why stars and other celestial bodies are moving away from us (Einstein's theory of Relativity). Then there's geology - plate tectonics, what truly causes earthquakes, and what's going on under Yellowstone National Park...

theories don't have to be rejected wholesale. we can pick and choose from among them. i think gravity proves itself continously, etc. evolution, to me is science fiction. that's just my opinion and i make no personal judgements to those who believe differently. i just think believing in a creator is more believable than thinking what came out of the primordial goo became me and you. that's just my take.

But I guess if you believe that a supreme all-knowing being created all this, you wouldn't care for all that either even though it's happening, whether or not you "believe" in it, which is what makes science science.

we just disagree, it's no big deal. i appreciate your opinion too.

So you'll believe in a process that takes place over millions and millions of years only after you see a completely different process happen instantly? I don't understand.

If you think that's crazy, I love those biologists who are suddenly promoting Intelligent Design. "Humans couldn't have evolved from apes because we have a large number of genes, which makes us too complex." What's funny is that EVERYTHING LIVING has a large number of genes. You also don't have to have a large number of genes to be complex. Doh!

So you'll believe in a process that takes place over millions and millions of years only after you see a completely different process happen instantly? I don't understand.

umm...did you take that literally? i don't have millions of years to wait, so yeah..i want satisfaction NOW!

:P

http://www.lovegodsway.org/GayBands

One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents should keep careful watch over their children's listening habits, especially in this Internet Age of MP3 piracy.

Bands to watch out for

The Spores (endorse suicide)

Scissor Sisters

Rufus Wainwright

Merzbau

Ravi Shankar

Wilco

Bjork

Tech N9ne

Ghostface Killah

Bobby Conn

Morton Subotnik

Cole Porter

The String Cheese Incident

Eagles of Death Metal

Polyphonic Spree

The Faint

Interpol

Tegan and Sara

Erasure

Le Tigre

The Gossip

The Magnetic Fields

The Doors

Phish

Queen

The Strokes

Sufjan Stevens

Morrissey(?questionable?)

The Pet Shop Boys

Metallica

Judas Priest

The Village People

The Secret Handshake

The Rolling Stones

David Bowie

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Man or Astroman

Richard Cheese

Jay-Z

Depeche Mode

Kansas

Ani DiFranco

Fischerspooner

John Mayer

Angel Eyes

The Indigo Girls

Velvet Underground

Madonna

Elton John

Barry Manilow

Indigo Girls

Melissa Etheridge

Eminmen

Nirvana

Boy George*

The Killers

Lou Reed

Lil' Wayne

Motorhead

Jill Sobule

Wilson Phillips

DMX

Lisa Loeb

Ted Nugent (loincloth)

Dogstar

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Lil' Kim

kd lang

Frank Sinatra

Hinder

Nickleback

Justus Kohncke

Bob Mould

Clay Aiken

Arcade Fire

Bright Eyes

Corinne Bailey Rae

Audioslave

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Panic at the Disco

Elton John(really gay)

In Our effort to keep this list up to date we'd appreciate your help. If you know of a band that is Gay or propogating a Gay message please email us so we can update. Donnie is handling this his email is: donniedavies@gmail.com

The response is overwhelming. You guys know of a lot more Gay Bands than I do. I can't keep up. Hopefully soon we'll have it so you can add them by yourself.

------

nuts.