Diamond Dave's fronting Van Halen again!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw VH on the first arena tour, early '79 I guess. Maple Leaf Gardens..my first concert, I wasn't 14 yet.

Good show, and their first LP kicked ass, but I think that's probably where it should have ended. RARHO$, indeed.

• 1 month later...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070807/en_nm/vanhalen_dc

Van Halen, Roth to announce tour next week

By Ray Waddell

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Van Halen will announce a 50-date American reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth during a news conference in Hollywood next week, sources said.

The arena trek will begin in early October.

Roth, who split from the rock group in the mid-1980s in hopes of solo stardom, will reunite with co-founders Eddie Van Halen on guitar and brother Alex Van Halen on drums. Eddie's teenage son Wolfgang will sub for Michael Anthony on bass.

A proposed summer amphitheater tour by the group never got off the ground, with Eddie Van Halen entering a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March.

In the months since, the guitarist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit.

Van Halen last toured in 2004, with Roth's replacement, vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

Reuters/Billboard

:rock

I think the way the story goes is the brothers Halen are, like, wicked mad at him for playing some shows with Sammy Hagar whilst they were trying to get the Roth thing off the ground. The only reason I doubt myself is that it's the dumbest reason for anything ever.

I think Anthony has another band, too. I thought I'd read he had something going musically with Chad Smith from RHCP or something. Though I'm sure he'd like to cash in on the upcoming* VH tour.

* disclaimer: this tour will probably fall through because of either Eddie's personal problems or something DLR will spew to the media. Or an entertaining version of both.

Are people still interested in seeing Van Halan? Really?

I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

hey, Bon Jovi sells out, who'd think that could happen.

bon jovi to some extent..........still has it..............as much as an 80's hair band can in today's music.............I think van halen has lost a lot over the years mostly due to their constant fighting.............this is good for them if they can truely do it and get along................they were a very good band.............and although I like sammy h more because he knew what a ballad was.................david lee is alright.............

Yeah, you're probably right. Sometimes I forget how much of a musical bubble I live in.

I'm betting a VH tour w/ DLR will sell out quicker than the Police thing. I won't be in attendance but the buzz'll be huge.