Diamond Dave's fronting Van Halen again!

giddyup!

http://www.van-halen.com/news.html

Sept. 27: Charlotte, N.C. (Bobcats Arena)

Sept. 29: Greensboro, N.C. (Coliseum)

Oct. 1: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)

Oct. 7: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)

Oct. 10: Cleveland (Quicken Loans Arena)

Oct. 14: Indianapolis (Conseco Fieldhouse)

Oct. 16: Chicago (Allstate Arena)

Oct. 18: Chicago (United Center)

Oct. 22: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)

Oct. 24: Minneapolis (Target Center)

Oct. 26: Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center)

Oct. 28: St. Louis (Scottrade Center)

Oct. 30: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)

Nov. 3: East Rutherford, N.J. (Continental Airlines Arena)

Nov. 13: New York (Madison Square Garden)

Nov. 20: Los Angeles (Staples Center)

Nov. 23: Glendale, Ariz. (Jobing.com Arena)

Nov. 25: San Diego (Cox Arena)

Nov. 27: Sacramento, Calif. (Arco Arena)

Nov. 29: San Jose, Calif. (HP Pavilion)

Dec. 1: Portland, Ore. (Rose Garden)

Dec. 3: Seattle (Key Arena)

Dec. 5: Vancouver (GM Place)

Dec. 9: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Palace)

Dec. 11: Calgary, Alberta (Pengrowth Saddledome)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty classy how they deleted Michael Anthony's image from the s/t album cover on the website (it is on the upper right and left hand side of the main page). I wonder if they'll pull an Ozzy and rerelease those albums with overdubbed bass parts/backing vocals?

Anthony hooked up with Sammy Hagar and toured last summer as The Other Half, and I read something somewhere that they were forming a band with Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers.

I guess it's still better to be Michael Anthony than it is to be Gary Cherone these days.

has anyone seen anything on ticket prices? i'm not going to get my hopes up to see 3/4 of van halen if it's more than $40.

They're being pretty secretive about pricing so far, but I'm guessing it'll be more expensive than $40, except maybe for the nosebleed seats.

has anyone seen anything on ticket prices? i'm not going to get my hopes up to see 3/4 of van halen if it's more than $40.

If I were to wager a guess, it would be in the $60-$80 range.

All right, seriously! You may not meet a bigger VH fan, saw WACF, DD and 1984, even gave Sammy a chance on 5150. But I have become so turned off by the brothers Vanhalen, only Lars Ulrich is a bigger jack- ass in my book. They are the problem not Dave, not Sammy, not Michael. Some one posted photos of Eddie and his son(14 or 15 at the time) at a party full of strippers, I mean come on! I'm all for the

As much as I loved the Roth VH days, I don't know if I can shell out $120 to see these guys especially after they have hosed Michael Anthony so hard....

Who is going to sing the ball twisting high harmonies ? Wolfie ? I doubt it.

As much as the brothers Van Halen hate DLR, I don't see this tour lasting long enough to roll into Chicago in October. They will have killed Dave by then.

As much as the brothers Van Halen hate DLR, I don't see this tour lasting long enough to roll into Chicago in October. They will have killed Dave by then.

I doubt it. They probably won't spend much time in the same room -- they'll see each other onstage and that'll be about it. For the amount of cash they'll all make from this tour, I suspect they'll put up with a lot of DLR's bullshit.

I wouldn't see them if the tickets were free. They were the worst show I ever saw. W&CF tour, b section at Assembly hall. The band was horrible. I can live without 25 minute guitar solos, 15 minute drum solos and lead singers who forget the words to their own songs.

I can live without 25 minute guitar solos, 15 minute drum solos and lead singers who forget the words to their own songs.

:ohwell

Jeez, I never knew there were so many die hard Mike Anthony fans!

It is sort of funny - I post a lot in these VH threads - and I have always thought they were really a crap band. I have never seen them - but the live stuff I have seen with DLR on youtube is usually pretty bad. I suppose it's all about the energy -

I suppose it's all about the energy -

I've never seen DLR-era Van Halen live, so I can only go based on the records. For me, the early ones are fun to listen to and the stuff with Hagar, for the most part, is lame and bores me.

I also don't like the Bewitched episodes with the second Darren.