The Photography Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool - I like looking at photos of towns.

Thanks, A-man! I've been working on this for about three years now. I know it isn't the best organized yet, but if I could make it into a full time job I could whip it into shape a lot quicker. Basically, I've somewhere in the range of 50-60K images that I am currently applying metadata (keywords, controlled vocab, IPTC info, etc.). It took my gramps 50 years to amass this collection, so if it takes me a few years to get it all online, that's o.k.). Anyway, check back in because I'm uploading stuff all the time.

Thanks for taking a look!

dcd

Link

Woodstock

I have always loved the look of 60s colour photographs.

When my buddy was at Woodstock 94, he took a picture of an old man wookie who was so out of his mind, he placed his head in the crook of a tree--still standing--and fell asleep. His head got stuck in the crook........thats when my buddy took the picture. The photo itself is so f'n funny, words can not describe it properly. Maybe I can get a copy of it, if so I'll share.

Thanks, A-man! I've been working on this for about three years now. I know it isn't the best organized yet, but if I could make it into a full time job I could whip it into shape a lot quicker. Basically, I've somewhere in the range of 50-60K images that I am currently applying metadata (keywords, controlled vocab, IPTC info, etc.). It took my gramps 50 years to amass this collection, so if it takes me a few years to get it all online, that's o.k.). Anyway, check back in because I'm uploading stuff all the time.

Thanks for taking a look!

dcd

That's incredible! What a huge undertaking though...I saw some of the detailed metadata you're adding. I bookmarked the page though, I can't wait to see what else you've got!

That's incredible! What a huge undertaking though...I saw some of the detailed metadata you're adding. I bookmarked the page though, I can't wait to see what else you've got!

How kind. Thank you. It certainly keeps me busy! For metadata application, I have been reading my grandfather's handwritten notes that accompanied his negatives and fat fingering it all into the IPTC data fields. I'm also trying to supplement his info with data I'm finding on the interwebs. It's a ton of work, but it certainly has been an enjoyable time and quite the education.

Here is the actual homepage, if interested: http://scenesfromthepast.com

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got my hands on a boatload of expired Portra (Kodak's pro/portrait film). Colors aren't bad, a little off maybe, but I upped the contrast in PS:

3182656743_f20b9215f8.jpg

Me trying to be Annie Leibovitz or something:

2815670848_e06fc86053.jpg

I hate self portraits

2853034675_c1a6920b80.jpg

I got my hands on a boatload of expired Portra (Kodak's pro/portrait film). Colors aren't bad, a little off maybe, but I upped the contrast in PS:

3182656743_f20b9215f8.jpg

Me trying to be Annie Leibovitz or something:

2815670848_e06fc86053.jpg

I hate self portraits

2853034675_c1a6920b80.jpg

Fantastic work!