Sign in to follow this  
yankhotelfox

I cannot download anything from any bt

I get the error message "Invalid menu handle" after a long winded "C:\Documents and settings\blahblah\Temporary internet files\blahblah....." I get this error message when I click on the link that says "click to download." What up??????

Can someone please help???

Now I can't even unzip files (e.g. the A.M. demos I'm jonesing to hear) or convert FLAC files...at all. Someone please help....this is driving me nuts.

Everything was fine before.

dude - I'll send them to you if you want.

Thanks A-Man but what I would love is for my PC to act the way it has for years. I never had problems downlading/unzipping/converting/burning before.

I forget the exact details, but a while back there was something posted on the VC tracker that for some reason about half the people trying to download couldn't get, and there was a weird error message involved. I don't know if it was the same problem that you're having now, but if I recall the fix I came up with was to download the files to my desktop, rather than to the BT folder I would normally download to. I have no idea why that would make any difference, but it did work. That's the only time I remember having a problem along those lines.

Thanks Gogo. The problem with that is: when I click on the file to download, it doesn't even go through the process of letting me choose the destination to where the torrent is downloaded (the "save to" thing). That window does flash for 1/4 second before the error message window arrives. Arrggh!

Also, when I try to unzip a file (again, this has never happened before) with extraction wizard, I get the following error message: "Compressed (zipped) folders error: File skipped unknown compression method"

It's all very strange.

Sign in to follow this