I've listened to Neon Bible a hell of a lot over the past few days, and I really love it. The only song I'm not really into is The Well and the Lighthouse, but overall I think it's a great followup to Funeral. :wub

And Chris, you should definitely try to make it to the Atlanta show. :yes

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liz, wait until you hear The Well & The Lighthouse live in person... it might be one of the best songs live off the new record :)

the crowd really gets into that one

it's not a total fave of mine on the record (prolly only 2-3 that i like less), but it's totally worthwhile in concert

Liz, wait until you hear The Well & The Lighthouse live in person... it might be one of the best songs live off the new record :)

the crowd really gets into that one

it's not a total fave of mine on the record (prolly only 2-3 that i like less), but it's totally worthwhile in concert

Oh, awesome...that's good to hear. I can't wait for May to get here. :dancing

so this week they dropped to #19, which is better than i'd expected (figured 20-25), AND they beat Notoious BIG by one spot this week, instead of losing by one last week :lol

Last time I checked The Shins have stayed in the 30 range for several weeks and their record came out at the end of January.

I'm certain Wilco will be top 10 when their's comes out. It's not as hard to get top 10 these days.

Last time I checked The Shins have stayed in the 30 range for several weeks and their record came out at the end of January.

I'm certain Wilco will be top 10 when their's comes out. It's not as hard to get top 10 these days.

yeah, too bad the latest Shins record is fairly mediocre by their standards, and doesn't even REMOTELY touch Neon Bible ;)

popular != any good

Like Jason Lee's patronage helped Midlake along.

has anyone heard of Ester Drang. they're from the same area (OK instead of dallas) and they're somewhat similiar. they are 70's influenced too (more Floyd where midlake is fleetwood). i'm not saying the Midlake record is bad, but i don't see how it's so celebrated and Ester Drang's is not.

This happens all the time. I know it does. But I will never get used to it:

I bought two Arcade Fire tix today for one of their NYC shows. Two $35.00 tickets.

Total: $93.20.

:stunned

I had the same reaction recently:

1 Hold Steady ticket - $15

Total = $27 and change

I know it happens all the time, but still sometime it catches you and you just go "Wha???" :ermm

^^ Ester Drang are decent, but nothing they've done even remotely comes close to Van Occupanther for me, sorry guy

all I'm basing my statements on is Ester's 2006 album, Rocinate. is this one included in your statement? to me they sound very close sonically.