Knoxville 1/30/07

I didn't write down the full setlist, but I just want to say:

PIEHOLDEN SUITE!!!!!!!!!! :wub :wub :wub

^ Thanks to a request from a girl in the crowd who said she drove from Birmingham. Other highlights were Mountain Bed, Cars Can't Escape, New Madrid, Hesitating Beauty, Radio King, and an impromptu Immigrant Song with awesome crowd participation. :lol

The whole thing was great, Jeff was hilarious and charming. Couldn't have asked for a better show. :D

Also, :wave to SarahC.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - it was a fantastic show. We saw a rig, so it should be posted eventually...

[i edited this post - originally my wife thought she heard the taper say he wasn't going to post the show, but it turns out he is going to, he just has a backlog of shows he needs to upload...]

hahah, immigrant song was definitely the best part of the night. i can't wait until the recordings are up.

this was my first time seeing tweedy, and out of ALL the shows i've listened to this is definitely top 5 tweedy. i spent the past month killing myself thinking what i'd like to hear and once i got there it didn't even matter. it was such an incredible setlist. the crowd wasn't nearly as bad as i thought they would be either. i really think jeff enjoyed the crowd tonight. (even the two stupid women) I KNOW OF MARFA!

i convinced my friend to stand out with me in the cold about 3 hours for the show and even though we were told to go away about 10 minutes before jeff went on, it was totally worth it since i got to meet him after the show. i stuttered my way through "i just wanna say i really love the new songs and was wondering when you were going to start playing impossible germany solo" and now i can't even remember what he said to me. it was really cool to meet him though, and get a picture to prove it. (cause i still swear it didn't happen)

also hey to sarah. i'm so happy he played wishful thinking for you. it was really nice meeting you tonight.

Agreed - it was a fantastic show. We saw a rig, but my wife heard one of the tapers say they weren't going to post it for some reason...

Great show. Only one I saw this tour so can't say how it was in relation to others. Still, I had a great time and Tweedy impressed me once again. It's very cool to see him as a professional nowdays at the top of his craft. I think back to meeting him in '96 with Bennett for an interview, then their tirad at the show later that night. He's really grown into a pro. The last few Wilco shows have been spot on as well.

Great banter, in control the whole night, enjoyed every minute of it. Immigrant Song was great. The child crying was funny. A+ show. Hopefully I'll see him solo again sometime.

The guy with a rig's girl was there as I walked out. She was telling someone to check on here. She wasn't sure, but dude was trying to get an email and she didn't want to deal with that. She was just saying to check around that he does post stuff. Hopefully it comes out.l

what exactly happened? cause i walked out during the beginning of theologians and i come back and he had just started playing again, and then stopped and said something about a kid.

He started and it was real quiet. Then, you hear what sounds like a baby crying for a second. He kept going and looked confused. Then he stopped and said, "Is there a child here?...Man, this is getting really strange."

This was my first time seeing Jeff solo and it was amazing. I've seen Wilco many times but this was a totally different experience. Loved the setlist and Jeff is funny/cool as hell. Only two songs i would have really liked to hear were Gun and California Stars but Mountain Bed, Hesitating Beauty, and many others were awesome. Impromptu Zepplin was great aswell. Overall awesome night.

And to think we all could have met tonight....oh well. Just got back to columbus a bit ago after driving all night after the show. I loved it, got to meet him afterwards. so yeah. I hope the taper changes his/her mind....

i do too. i bet the tape will show up. it would be very very sad if it didn't.

i'll post my review shortly.... :D

i'm floating on a cloud right now.

[insert pop-top noise]

Good times! Jeff was in rare form and seemed to be enjoying the experience, even though at the end it was getting a little monotonous with the requests. However, he seemed to take it in stride. Love the Jeff Leppard story and the lot shirt....."Pour some Tweedy on me" :P I always love going to shows at Bijou. The sound is so crisp. Probably my favorite theatre with the Tabernacle right behind it.

I tried to remember the setlist, but with all the banter it was kind of hard to keep up. In no particular order and leaving out a few

Be Patient with Me

Mtn Bed

Spiders

Radio King

ITMWLY

Cars Can't Escape

How to Fight Loneliness

A Shot in the Arm

Pieholden

IATTBYH

Heavy Metal Drummer

Theologins

Jesus

Immigrant Song Teaser

Hesitating Beauty

New Madrid

Someone Else's Song (no PA)

A Rose (no PA)

In closing, I had "that" guy behind me.....that guy who sings along to every song, even when Jeff doesn't request it. It was fine until the no PA tunes and finally a girl said "Seriously dude". :thumbup All in all, it was a great night. My first Tweedy solo show after many years seeing UT and Wilco.

You forgot 'Wishful Thinking' :D :blush

I still can't get over the fact he actually played it! I think I will be giddy for days. Oh, that and "Pieholden Suite". Thank-you to the people from B-Ham for that one! :)

And, holy crap, "Spiders"!! :rock

I was very impressed with the polite crowd. it wasn't near as bad as i thought it would be. the people that were in and around my row were very nice, and i hope i didn't annoy them...i was singing along a lot. the thing that made me a little mad was the young man in front of me who found the need to yell "that was cock..." come on dude... i guess they thought it was funny... :huh

Jeff was so funny! I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

there's all my videos, and here are the pictures. my camera doesn't do well in low light. (one of the first few is for E. Sue!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44776814@N00/

Got to speak to Jeff after the show, and he was very nice. I tripped on my words though, and didn't tell/ask any of the stuff I thought of beforehand. Oh well. it's always nice just to say hi. my sister was sort of in awe. it was cool though, because she had a great time! Little bugger even got a front row seat! (If that guy who let her sit up there reads this-- thank you!) Totally made her night.

This picture is currently my favorite picture I have taken with any musician ever...

JeffTweedy040.jpg

I am pretty sure I am gonna be smiling about this for a long time.

Great to see E. Sue again, and meet napoleon! :wave

ahhh he played cars cant escape. i yelled for it and he referenced the request but i think he was going to play it anyway. mountain bed and acuff rose melted me.

Lots of requests being thrown around. Loved the part when he said....I'm going need your help on Jesus, etc.....he starts in on it and someone lets out a hoot....he makes the comment, "Whhhhhy....you knew it was coming" :punch All in good fun!

Mtn bed was the highlight for me.

Edit: Thanks Sarah....knew I left a few out.

I was at the show last night with my wife, and had a great time, but do you remember the girl who said she was from Michigan who was "whoo-hooing" the whole night? Well, she sat right behind me! Before the show she was talking about how badly she wanted to have babies with Jeff...oh, my.

Part of me wanted to tell her to STFU, but the part of me that remembers what it's like to be 20-something and drunk for the first time said to let it go.

awesome show...blew nashville's show out of the water.

tweedster was in great spirits and there weren't too many idiots in the crowd.

hope the recordings show up...

also, congrats to sarahc: you got to hear wishful thinking.

cool.

If any of those videos contains the Immigrant Song snippet, I'd be grateful to anyone who could tell me which one!

nope, sorry. i was too busy laughing and going "ahah ahhhhhhh ah" to video that. hopefully somebody did though.

This picture is currently my favorite picture I have taken with any musician ever...

Nice pic...I'm a dumbass for not waiting around.

The banter was very funny last night, and I was happy that it was a good crowd...polite but still loving every minute (and not ruining all the quiet moments with 'wooos').

Another thing I remembered this morning is that Jeff called Forget the Flowers "dogshit." :lol :hmm

Nice pic...I'm a dumbass for not waiting around.

The banter was very funny last night, and I was happy that it was a good crowd...polite but still loving every minute (and not ruining all the quiet moments with 'wooos').

Another thing I remembered this morning is that Jeff called Forget the Flowers "dogshit." :lol :hmm

I was trying to remember what song he said was dog shit... thanks!!