Now playing February 2007

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Martsch - S/T

I love BtS but I've only just gotten around to this. Very different and not all that good. (Different is fine but this is underwhelming so far.)

stick with it... i think it's pretty awesome honestly. some really great melodies. sure it takes a bit of getting used to the acoustic/delta blues-y-ness of it, but some very strong tracks.

i actually preferred it to the BTS record that preceded it, and the solo tour for the record was really great

B0000009OD.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SL160_.jpg

I was in a record store a while back and I overheard the clerk say something like, "Well, I don't worship at the altar of Chris Bell..."

Not that's of any significance other than I've never hear anyone namecheck Chris Bell, not even an uber-cool record store guy.

(I did have another uber-cool record store guy half-serenade me with "I Am In Love With a Girl," though.)

:yes ah, it was such a fun show! i know i need to get to sleep, but i'd rather be listening to music... :music

good news is that they filled the theater pretty sufficiently, so hopefully they'll come back to denver again!!!

ok, razzle dazzle rose is on, so after this i'm done.