Now playing February 2007

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ox- American Lo Fi

Something else I heard about here and am now digging...... Plus, they're coming to the Black Sheep Inn which is like a nirvana for shows.

Cool. I must check out their touring page. Saw them at a Weework/Six Shooter promo last fall and immediately bought that cd. Can't wait to see them again.

I would heavily urge you to go to the Black Sheep to see Geoff Berner. Half stand-up. half music. great concert.

Geoff Berner

February, 23 2007 at The Black Sheep

Not Available , Wakefield,

Cost :

With Bob Wiseman

I know that Klezmer music is not everyone's thing and that Bobby Wiseman is an acquired taste, but as the person who pimped OX, and to quote that great Canadian, Jack Bauer, 'You'll have to trust me on this'

Hope_Album_Cover.jpg

Nonprophets - "Hope"

For those easing into hip-hop/rap, I recommend giving this a spin, it seems almost forgotten, but Sage Francis & Joey beats make up this group, and I find this album pretty damn tight and something to appeal to folks. Recently some have mentioned checking out hip-hop a bit more, this is a recommendation from a just couple of years back that many who have not heard will probably like. I love it.

Same here. This is good stuff, very Beatlesy in some parts. Are their earlier albums worth hunting down? Easy Beat seems to have gotten good reviews...

Easy Beat is great (minus two songs) and worth checking out.

I would heavily urge you to go to the Black Sheep to see Geoff Berner. Half stand-up. half music. great concert.

I was at the BSI earlier this week to see Josh Ritter and said to some people we met there something like "if you like the idea of an somewhat insane guy playing accordian and ranting, you really should see Geoff". I have seen him before and thought he was fantastic (sort of like what Hammell on Trial would sound like if he was from the Ukraine) - but it was at a festival so his set was time-limited. So yeah, I agree that he's great and I very well may go out there for that.