Now playing February 2007

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's absolutely amazing. this is my first taste of cloud cult - how did i miss these guys?

i can definitely see an arcade fire comparison in urgency and grand instrumentation. i don't really see the shins in it though, however i have listened to the album just once. this is really really great indie pop, for sure!!

i am now off to check out "advice from the happy hippopotamus". :D

EDIT - his voice reminds me of ben bridwell, sans reverb.

it's absolutely amazing. this is my first taste of cloud cult - how did i miss these guys?

i can definitely see an arcade fire comparison in urgency and grand instrumentation. i don't really see the shins in it though, however i have listened to the album just once. this is really really great indie pop, for sure!!

Nice, maybe I could get a pm? :angel

Also, this thread is on the 28th page, Feb has 28 days and my birthday is Feb 28th. I think this is all worth mentioning.

Yeah, both of the Love Spit Love records have held up surprisingly well. I hadn't put them on in years, but I think they'll stick around. I have some nice memories of seeing them in Chicago so long ago...

Cool. I never saw them live or the Furs. I could have a couple of years ago but I skipped out on them. I think the albums are really good, the first being the better of the two. Although, Fall on Tears is my favorite by them.

NP:

ff66729fd7a09a23fc36e010._AA240_.L.jpg

Anthony Braxton--The Complete Braxton '71 (Arista-Freedom)

w/ Chick Corea, Kenny Wheeler, Dave Holland & Barry Altschul

they've been around for quite a while, so any Arcade Fire comparisons are obviously just coincedental ;). vocally, Craig reminds me of Wayne Coyne from the Lips a good deal.

they're from here (well i think Duluth originally). great bunch of folks. a couple of the members back my friend Jenny when she plays live too.

Hippopotamus is great, i can't decide if i like the new one more or not yet, both are awesome though. They Live On The Sun and Who Killed Puck? are pretty cool too, but these last 2 are definitely more polished. their records all have this very scattered vibe (like random short tracks/interludes, etc.), so sometimes they don't always work as a cohesive record for me, but they're still really good albums for sure.

they're a really fun/crazy/interersting live band too. they have people who paint on stage during the show and they often auction the paintings off after the show.

cool to see them getting more and more praise outside of Minneapolis these last 2 albums :thumbup