Now playing February 2007

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lyrics are just super super lame, and that totally out of place recorder solo???

it's a good record, but hardly one of the best records so far this year is all. solid 7.5 or so.

I never said it was one of the best records so far this year, but I do like it. It doesn't come close to Tyranny, but it's a solid effort.

his voice has always reminded me of a cross between Elvis and Bragg

I never said it was one of the best records so far this year, but I do like it. It doesn't come close to Tyranny, but it's a solid effort.

oh i know, i was just clarifying that, in the grand scheme of this year so far is all ;)

i just miss the rock and electric geetar... this record isn't nearly as rockin' as i'd hoped for (certainly is in spots though).

i just miss the rock and electric geetar... this record isn't nearly as rockin' as i'd hoped for (certainly is in spots though).

I can certainly agree with that. Ted is probably at his best with faster tempos ... they certainly seem to kick his guitar playing up a notch.

Re: Ted Leo..."Sons of Cain" and "Who Do You Love?" are my favorites so far. I am a big fan of his guitar when it sounds like the unholy love child of Gary Moore (or whoever played for Thin Lizzy),Billy Bragg and Paul Weller.

My comments should also probably be taken with a grain of salt, since I'm apparently the only person who lists Shake the Streets as their favorite Ted Leo album.

I'm apparently the only person who lists Shake the Streets as their favorite Ted Leo album.

You're clearly not listening to The Tyranny of Distance correctly. Go back and listen again, and this time turn down the volume on Oprah while doing so.