• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've surprised myself by picking four finalists that were all released in the last 30 years -- and three of them were released in the last dozen years.

Regional champions:

The Clash - London Calling

Whiskeytown - Strangers Almanac

Ted Leo/Pharmacists - The Tyranny of Distance

Cut down the nets:

Scud Mountain Boys - Massachusetts

f34497d4337.jpg

My absolute favorite album would have to be another album that came out durring the same time:

B0000018AT.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Buffalo Tom - Big Red Letter Day

I'm actually more partial to Let Me Come Over, but this is an inspired choice. :thumbup

The Clash - Sandinista!

I've been re-listening to this a lot lately. This was on my turntabl;e almost constantly for a full year in the early 80s. I hadn't given it a listen in about 6-7 years though, until recently, and re-fell in love with it again.

re: The question. It's a damn near impossible task to choose one album because that album could be different on any given day, depending on my mood.

For today, the album would be Sandinista!, as well.

EXILE ON MAIN STREET :thumbup

Tonight's The Night ~ Neil Young B)

Top five for sure, My favorite NY, Ragged Glory would be up there also

My absolute favorite album would have to be another album that came out durring the same time:

B0000018AT.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Buffalo Tom - Big Red Letter Day

. Bill Janovitz is one of the most underrated story-telling songwriters out there. His lyrics are poetic

Agreed, Bird Brain and Let Me Come Over > than all the rest IMO

Also:

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid

Red Headed Stranger

AGIB

Making Movies

Oh Mercy

Muswell Hillbilles

I never know how people can pick an all time favorite anything or even a top 10 anything. Each year as things come out and things get bumped from my listening habits, i decided to list a handfull that i always come back to: i guess these are in order, at least for today:

The Clash - London Calling

Replacements - Tim and then somedays it's Let It Be

WILCO - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

Pogues - If I should Fall From Grace with God

Grant Lee Buffalo - Mighty Joe Moon

kudos to all the Buffalo Tom fans coming out. Let Me Come Over may very well be next on the above list :thumbup

I love Let Me Come Over as well (probably in my top 10) but I find Big Red Letter Day to be much more consistant. Mineral, Porchlight and Saving Grace qare my favs from that record. As far all of their albums, I would rank them in this order:

Big Red Letter Day > Let Me Come Over > Sleepy Eyed > Smitten > (self titled) > Bird Brain

Nice to see that I am not the only Buffalo tom fan here. By the way, they are due to have a new album out this May!

I love Let Me Come Over as well (probably in my top 10) but I find Big Red Letter Day to be much more consistant. Mineral, Porchlight and Saving Grace qare my favs from that record. As far all of their albums, I would rank them in this order:

Big Red Letter Day > Let Me Come Over > Sleepy Eyed > Smitten > (self titled) > Bird Brain

Nice to see that I am not the only Buffalo tom fan here. By the way, they are due to have a new album out this May!

Bird Brain Last?!?!

Skeleton Key, Guy who is me, Caress,Bird Brain (if I am then can I just fly away)

I guess because it was the first album i got int by BT it sticks in first place.

The first album (Feat. J Mascis) was weak and Sleepy eyed I could not listen to more than twice.

Late additions to my favorite Albums

Bake Sale

Your living all over me

Since we are talking about bands from Mass.

I think Ragged Glory is one of Neil's most underappreciated albums. T'was a great tour too! B)

Finally threw away the cd I bought in 1990 (worn out) just bought it on vinyl after a few years without it and the love is back!