• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ragged Glory is one of Neil's most underappreciated albums. T'was a great tour too! B)

Was that the tour that gave us "weld" Did anyone else get the "arc weld" version with the one disk of all feedback?

That Man IS a Genius

Three Words

BORN

TO

RUN

A Ghost Is Born. Words can't describe. Or words can describe but I don't really feel like going into it right now.

i agree, but if i was to go on about agib it would NOT be in a "one album" thread unless the thread was re-titled "one album that exposed your favorite band as less than bulletproof".

re: uncle wilco, don't quite understand how you could agree with my favorite album and then say it doesn't belong in this thread, but i dig your avatar.

i was just taking your quote and twisting it around...ahhh...fahgettabout it...i'm just bored today.

i like monkeys.

Umm....Being There? Yeah, sure, I'll go with that.

Picking one album is kind of impossible, if only for the fact that moods and tastes are constantly changing. Being There wins for its resilience...its the album, probably more than any other I've ever owned, that I keep coming back to over and over again. No matter how long it may get shelved, whenever I come back to it I fall in love with it all over again and it never seems to age. So, yeah, I guess this is the right album to pick, especially since I'm on a Wilco board and all. :lol

Ask me on other days and I might toss out:

"Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain" - Pavement - a big shambling beautiful mess of an album

"Eat a Peach" - Allman Bros - flip a coin between this and the Fillmore East record

"The Question" - The Slackers - best American ska record ever

"Lets Go" - Rancid - still makes me wanna jump around and break shit--but in a good way.

"Blue Train" - John Coltrane - the doorway through which I discovered jazz

And I'll even jump on the Buffalo Tom trend here and toss in a vote for "Sleepy Eyed", which isn't necessarily better than "Let Me Come Over" or "Big Red Letter Day", but it was my first BT album and I think it deserves some love.

Built to Spill -- "Perfect From Now On"

Good album, that.

I am surprised that no one said

Led Zeppelin IV

I'm a big LZ fan, and that may be my least favorite album of theirs. I just don't get into "Black Dog" or "Rock and Roll" at all, and yes, I've heard "Stairway to Heaven" several hundred too many times. The rest of it's great, though.