Florence MA Show 7/16/07

I'm afraid this is what's going to end up happening. the tapers will reconsider putting their shows out there at all. then we'll end up with nothing, because people are way too lazy to deal with lossless formats.

Fair enough. I understand that tapers don't want their work to be degraded. But if people (a good amount of people) are going to convert to MP3 regardless then why not. Its not like there aren't people who don't appreciate the lossless formats, but most people just can't tell the difference. Also, hard drive space certainly doesn't come free.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened to my JT / Austin recordings and they came out very nice. Look for them on BT.etree at some point soon. It has taken me longer to get through this batch because Feb is a big convention month. That would be 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars' conventions - I hit both.

Thanks for both the show and the laughs.

what an a-hole. between being badgered for shows and guys like this I am retiring from this board. this is supposed to be a community. find someone else to share recordings.

you win 'uncle wilco'

i don't even know you so i won't miss you and i don't really give a shit about live shows and i've certainly never asked you for one, nor would i. i'm an mp3 simpleton, therefore i'm beneath you. if you left the board just because of me, you have other "issues" you need to deal with because i've never had a single conversation with you whatsoever.

...so...go young jedi...and may the force be with you...

Great show.....the last full band versions of: Hesitating Beauty, Spiders, Wishful Thinking and Far, Far Away.

Pretty sweet to see all 4 of those for the most recent time. Also only one of three times they played Let's Fight. Great venue too and only 90 minutes from the crib. Hope they return. Sure grateful for this gem! Who cares what audio format it's in, this show is a terrific one for collectors.

What you do for your personal listening pleasure is your business, the point here is sending those tracks out there for others in a lossy format.

I compare it to when I was a kid and everyone wanted gigantic stereos with massive speakers - now, people want little personal stereo boxes with little speakers stuck in their ears.

Some folks say they can not tell the difference from a -192 Mp3 vs. a Wav file - but I can.

Please can we not let Uncle Wilco win?

I mean, yes, I hate having to convert from FLAC to wav so I can stick it on my iPod and such, but it's so important and special to me to be able to come home from a show, and within a few days (thanks to these generous tapers) be able to hear this experience. It's a token I wish I could get from all the shows I went to. But these solo/Wilco shows are particularly important to me because they're all so damn good.

Yeah, FLAC can be a pain to non audiophiles, but, tapers, never, ever stop tapin'. For ever UncleWilco there's fifteen guys like me singing your praises every single day.

:: cues " Don't Stop Believin' " ::

Please can we not let Uncle Wilco win?

I mean, yes, I hate having to convert from FLAC to wav so I can stick it on my iPod and such, but it's so important and special to me to be able to come home from a show, and within a few days (thanks to these generous tapers) be able to hear this experience. It's a token I wish I could get from all the shows I went to. But these solo/Wilco shows are particularly important to me because they're all so damn good.

Yeah, FLAC can be a pain to non audiophiles, but, tapers, never, ever stop tapin'. For ever UncleWilco there's fifteen guys like me singing your praises every single day.

:: cues " Don't Stop Believin' " ::

i mean no harm by my comments to those who indulge in the live show taping experience. that's their deal and there's nothing wrong with that. what i can't understand is why they care so much about what format it's in and why they care about an "inferior" version for those who can take it or leave it. why would somebody give a shit? i just don't get it. there's an open hostility there that needs a serious ass whoopin' to put things back in perspective. it's just music...it's entertainment...or art...or all 3. to each his/her own.

i mean no harm by my comments to those who indulge in the live show taping experience. that's their deal and there's nothing wrong with that.

right.

seriously, nobody gives a shit. i certainly don't. if the people want mp3's, that's what they want. i could care less about making some basement dwelling troll happy about what format a live recording is in.

that's called a "hobby". nobody asked them to tape shows in between their comic book conventions and lord of the rings dress-up parties. they do this because they don't have a life and shouldn't expect anything in return. i'll bet if they lowered themselves to mp3 standards, they'd have a freakin' fanclub of their own. but, that would lower their street cred....egads!...we can't have that now can we.

:blink

you made some pretty shitty statements about them, but I guess you meant no harm.

Is this argument at all like when artists (musical or otherwise) are done with their work and it's out in the world for others to interpret? Once a taper is done and have put their work out there, do they still have a say as to what others do with it?

It might be apples and oranges but reading this thread made me think of that argument.

right.

:blink

you made some pretty shitty statements about them, but I guess you meant no harm.

in my nearly 5000 posts, a good 4500 are slathered in sarcasm. that's how i roll. my apologies to those who don't get that. i've been doing this since 2003 for gods sakes!!! of course the standard line is that sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internets. maybe i should resurrect my old disclaimer stating my affinity for the dry wit.

in my nearly 5000 posts, a good 4500 are slathered in sarcasm. that's how i roll. my apologies to those who don't get that. i've been doing this since 2003 for gods sakes!!! of course the standard line is that sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internets. maybe i should resurrect my old disclaimer stating my affinity for the dry wit.

this is how you always back your way out of your douchebag comments. "I was just kidding. TeeHee, I'm sacrastic"

it seemed like there were a few months when you were nowhere to be seen. I liked you better then.

regardless of whether it is sarcasm or not, it is mean and hurtful.

and to think that this all started because one poster said that tapers don't like these formats. i mean, no tapers on this thread complained about the mp3s being posted did they?

this is how you always back your way out of your douchebag comments. "I was just kidding. TeeHee, I'm sacrastic"

it seemed like there were a few months when you were nowhere to be seen. I liked you better then.

i don't like you anymore. then again, i never did. aricandover/f*ck yinz, you need some counseling for your passive/agressive bullshit. one of these days you are gonna piss off the wrong person and they'll actually be there to do something about it. as for me? i really don't care.

:cryin

i don't recall using the word douchebag or anything equal to that. what's wrong with liking hobbits and playing with light sabers? i didn't mean to call anybody out.