blue sky blue sky blue sky

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters to his credibility - but if you go look at "chicago's" older posts they are all nothing but setlist bitching and 'oh i wish wilco were more like ____ " type stuff, so whether or not he has heard the disc, i'm not taking his opinion as particularly objective.

Not that it matters to his credibility - but if you go look at "chicago's" older posts they are all nothing but setlist bitching and 'oh i wish wilco were more like ____ " type stuff, so whether or not he has heard the disc, i'm not taking his opinion as particularly objective.

You may also note that I love Wilco. And I love every album. (not a.m. I don't love a.m.)

And you can note that with all of my setlist bitching I am talking about their setlists, not their music.

Tell us about one specific thing you heard on the record that can prove you've heard it....the way a specific song begins or ends....a line of lyric from one of the yet-to-be-heard songs....a guitar, piano or drum freak-out that impressed you. Something.

I think you're B.S.-ing us.

I am not here to convince you i have heard it. That would be impossible. I can tell you about something on a particular track..but since you haven't heard it...what good what that do?

I am not here to convince you i have heard it. That would be impossible. I can tell you about something on a particular track..but since you haven't heard it...what good what that do?

Write something down about the album, something that you could only know because you've actually heard it...then seal that piece of paper in an envelope. On May 15, open that envelope and post what you wrote in this thread.

Also take a picture of yourself holding today's newspaper while wearing a tiara.

AGIB leaked, but not this early.

I leaked AGIB to this board on 03-18-2004. It was released at the end of June. We're already overdue!

(And no, I won't be leaking SBS when I get hold of it, with respect to VC changes regarding file-sharing that have been made in recent years.)

one can't objectively dislike something?

You may also note that I love Wilco. And I love every album. (not a.m. I don't love a.m.) And you can note that with all of my setlist bitching I am talking about their setlists, not their music.

sigh, i'm not saying anyone can or can't like anything or that any opinion is anything other than a valid personal opinion.

I'm saying that if someone has 56 posts, 55 of which are slagging or complaining about some aspect of wilco's performance or activity, then said person is less likely to be a person who i look at as being here sharing an honest personal opinion, but moreso sound like someone fufilling some agenda to get a rise/reaction out of people.

i'm coming from the perspective that it seems a lot of the same people who complain a lot about setlists have also been prophesising the lacklusterness of this new album since before walken was even written, and this thread seems to fall right in with that.

If i've got chicago all wrong and they just really feel the need to share their opinion about their disapointment in the band they love, then i'm sorry for assuming their posts were trollish or less than authentic.