blue sky blue sky blue sky

This is the kind of stuff that makes me long for the days when album leaking prior to release wasn't common.

I am going to wait until I BUY the actual CD and listen to it before I post about it.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leaked AGIB to this board on 03-18-2004. It was released at the end of June. We're already overdue!

(And no, I won't be leaking SBS when I get hold of it, with respect to VC changes regarding file-sharing that have been made in recent years.)

It was supposed to be released in April. It was delayed because of Jeff's rehab stint or something like that.

Point being: the review copies were out there.

I just got back from a Wilco show on their upcoming tour and I need to tell you that the setlists still suck.

PFunkMothership.jpg

Incidentally, I don't totally disbelieve the possibility that people have heard this album, but seeing as the vast majority of us have not, there's not much to talk about unless somebody wants to dish some details.

I just got back from a Wilco show on their upcoming tour and I need to tell you that the setlists still suck.

PFunkMothership.jpg

Incidentally, I don't totally disbelieve the possibility that people have heard this album, but seeing as the vast majority of us have not, there's not much to talk about unless somebody wants to dish some details.

:lol

was jeff's assement on sky blue sky being similliar to being there accurate?

It's hard to compare it to any other album, because it's different. But no it's not like Being There. BT is louder, more twangy and has the sweet harmonizing.

fair enough.

did what jeff say about interweaving guitarlines remincisent of television via him and nels come to fruition?

thank you for taking the time to answer these...

not sure i understand..does the guitar work sound like the band television?

does either way sound the same as the live mp3 versions? i don't really seeing that as being a great opener if that's the case, but i'm almost positive wilco would have changed the beginning of the song if they decided to make that the number 1 track

not sure what the mp3 version is like..this definately sets the mood/tone of the album

This is a lovely album. The production is great. The vocals are great. The songs are nice.

It is a soulful album.

I think it's the music I am dissapointed with. It's a little too even.

Is this supposed to make us think you've heard it? I've been telling friends Sky Blue Sky will sound like this....and I haven't heard it.

Does the title track sound simple and bare or more loud and all-band sounding?

Does Either Way have the same beautiful Nels guitar flourish as they played live?

Is "You Are My Face" the same song as "Let's Not Carried Away"?

Does Impossible Germany have the guitar-jam-rock in the middle of verses or at end of the song?

Which is more rockin', Hate it Here or Leave Me?

I'm not wanting you to spoil the album for all of us, but c'mon...give us something to at least consider that you aren't pulling our legs.

Is this supposed to make us think you've heard it? I've been telling friends Sky Blue Sky will sound like this....and I haven't heard it.

Does the title track sound simple and bare or more loud and all-band sounding?---very stripped down.guitar,simple drums. vocals out in front. really lovely.

Does Either Way have the same beautiful Nels guitar flourish as they played live? yes.

Is "You Are My Face" the same song as "Let's Not Carried Away"? no

Does Impossible Germany have the guitar-jam-rock in the middle of verses or at end of the song? starts in teh middle and lasts until end.

Which is more rockin', Hate it Here or Leave Me? leave me

I'm not wanting you to spoil the album for all of us, but c'mon...give us something to at least consider that you aren't pulling our legs.