blue sky blue sky blue sky

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions for you Chicago.

Is You Are My Face Let's Not Get Carried Away?

no

Second, where does this record fall in order of how good it is in regards to other Wilco records? Better than AGID? A good follow up? The worse one yet? Medicore?

having only heard it a handful of times..it's hard to rate it now. But first reaction is I will put it second to last.

YHF

summerteeth

agisb

being there

mermaid ave1

mermaid ave2

skybluesky

am

i am sure everyone has a different order..so not sure this helps

How can someone who is not you answer this question?

I was just interested in his/her opinion about all that.

having only heard it a handful of times..it's hard to rate it now. But first reaction is I will put it second to last.

YHF

summerteeth

agisb

being there

mermaid ave1

mermaid ave2

skybluesky

am

That says something. Thanks for answering, good sir.

YHF

summerteeth

agisb

being there

mermaid ave1

mermaid ave2

skybluesky

am

so you are saying it's almost the worst wilco album ever

i find that hard to believe. the live mp3s are too good.

i mean worse is a harsh term. like i said it's a good album

all of these albums are pretty close to one another and could easily be swaped out in order based on mood.

The way I look it, is that Wilco hasn't made a "bad" or mediocre album yet and from the songs I've seen live and the ones I've heard, SBS will be different like every album has been but by no means is it going to suck.

The way I look it, is that Wilco hasn't made a "bad" or mediocre album yet and from the songs I've seen live and the ones I've heard, SBS will be different like every album has been but by no means is it going to suck.

it does not suck.

Hey, this witch hunt has gotten out of hand. Obviously he has probably heard it. Let's leave him alone now.

Let's burn people at the stake who are planning on not sharing the leak because of some code of honor. :ninja Only half kidding.

To me, not sharing the leak on the de facto Wilco fan board is right up there with refusing to make free live shows available in MP3 format because of lossiness. Just my very humble opinion. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Hey, this witch hunt has gotten out of hand. Obviously he has probably heard it. Let's leave him alone now.

Let's burn people at the stake who are planning on not sharing the leak because of some code of honor. :ninja Only half kidding.

To me, not sharing the leak on the de facto Wilco fan board is right up there with refusing to make free live shows available in MP3 format because of lossiness. Just my very humble opinion. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

It's become a pretty big problem as of late, and it's only a matter of time before a record label catches wind of it and puts the hammer down on this site and it's admins. We dont' allow it for Wilco, so it's unfair to allow it for other bands.

So from now on, anyone who posts a link to a full commercial studio record will be given one warning, and after that, they will be suspended from this site.

If you want to send someone a PM or email about where to find it? Fine, but no direct links, as it's gotten out of hand the last few months, and something needed to be done.

If you want to post links to individual songs from mp3 blogs, legit sites, etc., that's not a problem.

Thanks

i have heard this album. it's good, but it isn't what it should/could be.

but i am sure everyone knows this since most people have heard the majority of these songs live

it just doesn't have the presence of a great album.

Well guess most of us will have to wait until May to listen...

"Presence of a great album?" Would you tell us what you consider to be "greatness?" :ermm

If the "band" is happy with it, I'm sure "us" fans are going to love it... :thumbup

yes, but we are discussing wilco's discography.

the "worst" wilco album, according to even our boy chicago here, am, is still very damn good.

ask yourself, does wilco have a bad album? will sbs be bad album?

my answer to both is no. imo, wilco has yet to put out material, in 10+ years of recording, that i don't like (the only exception being found on summerteeth: my darling). in fact, i have a hard time chasing down and digesting other "good" music simply b/c it's not wilco. so i just lose interest shortly and listen to wilco again.

maybe this is a personal prroblem...

Holy shit, I never thought some many people could pass judgement on an album they haven't heard...

you should have seen people on this dylan forum I go to, after 20 seconds of each song leaked for "modern times". hundreds of people ripped apart an album that they hadn't heard more than 2 mins collectivley of.

I will never understand people.