blue sky blue sky blue sky

haha.

That's crazy. I'm actually planning on ducking out of the ViaChicago boards for like 2 weeks after the release of Sky Blue Sky just so I can form my own opinions without arguing lol.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, but we are discussing wilco's discography.

the "worst" wilco album, according to even our boy chicago here, am, is still very damn good.

ask yourself, does wilco have a bad album? will sbs be bad album?

my answer to both is no. imo, wilco has yet to put out material, in 10+ years of recording, that i don't like (the only exception being found on summerteeth: my darling). in fact, i have a hard time chasing down and digesting other "good" music simply b/c it's not wilco. so i just lose interest shortly and listen to wilco again.

maybe this is a personal prroblem...

really? i

Guest Left Arm Tan
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot took a good few more than three listens to really appreciate its greatness. keep an open mind

wrong. you couldn't be more wrong. terribly wrong. yhf was remarkable on the first listen, like being there and summerteeth... that's why they were such incredible albums.

wrong. you couldn't be more wrong. terribly wrong. yhf was remarkable on the first listen, like being there and summerteeth... that's why they were such incredible albums.

noah's post didn't say that YHF wasn't "remarkable" on the first listen. I think it was merely pointing out that the full treasures of YHF took several subsequent listens to fully appreciate. That's the mark of a great album anyway -- that it's still giving you more, or you're still getting more out of it, even after listening to it many times.

wrong. you couldn't be more wrong. terribly wrong.

Your response reminds me of my high school music teacher, who used to mark all my quizzes wrong because I hadn't arrived at the one correct answer that she was looking for. I was always wrong, wrong, terribly wrong.

Actually, come to think of it, that was my math teacher.

Guest tandylacker

Scene releases are lame anyway. I've only actually downloaded a few of them and I have never enjoyed the album. The quality is always lower and just does not have the sound that the artist intended.

Oh you impatient scenesters.

And for all the Wilco fans upset about other Wilco fans not liking certain CDs or songs. Get over it. What an unhealthy obsession you have with this band.

Scene releases are lame anyway. I've only actually downloaded a few of them and I have never enjoyed the album. The quality is always lower and just does not have the sound that the artist intended.

Oh you impatient scenesters.

And for all the Wilco fans upset about other Wilco fans not liking certain CDs or songs. Get over it. What an unhealthy obsession you have with this band.

I think you are totally missing the point.

I think you are totally missing the point.

About what? That leaked albums are all lame? Sure. That a lot of people around here have a real hard time dealing with the fact that not everyone loves every last note Jeff Tweedy and Wilco have ever recorded? No, he's pretty much on the money.

That a lot of people around here have a real hard time dealing with the fact that not everyone loves every last note Jeff Tweedy and Wilco have ever recorded? No, he's pretty much on the money.

I can't think of anyone who truly has a "hard time" dealing with this. In fact, I can't think of many people who claim to adore every last song or note that Wilco has recorded.

I can think of a lot of people who like Wilco enough that they sometimes enjoy engaging in discussions about aspects of the music that other people like and dislike, and sometimes enjoy defending what they personally like.

I can't think of anyone who truly has a "hard time" dealing with this. In fact, I can't think of many people who claim to adore every last song or note that Wilco has recorded.

I can think of a lot of people who like Wilco enough that they sometimes enjoy engaging in discussions about aspects of the music that other people like and dislike, and sometimes enjoy defending what they personally like.

There certainly are people who seem to take it very personally that anyone would have the audacity to dislike a Wilco song. Discussion is fine; so is hyperbole. :lol

This thread wears me out.

Yeah, I keep coming back thinking I will run into someone who's actually heard the album talking about what they heard. Instead we keep getting a whole lot of not. In viachicago fashion: "There is nothing worth discussing on here for at least a month so......I hate that one guy that said that one thing." :realmad