Jeff Tweedy 2/24/2007 Living Room Show

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Those are great shots as well!! Number 19 is my new desktop background and 28 looks like there's got to be a good story behind it.

yeah, 19 is jeff playing a strat that belongs to a member of our group (t.t.). he said that jeff lifted the curse on that strat, since that night was the first time he'd had a good performance with it.

28 is bob (leader of the wilco ensemble) and jeff discussing guitars. bob's inspecting jeff's beat-up looking guitar. the guitar that bob brought was also a very worn looking. those guys talked a lot that night about gear and guitar playing.

• 1 month later...
can somebody do a quick run down of who's who and brief bios of all those different "bands" playing with jeff?

I want to hear more stories!

It's a pretty diverse group. The only professional musician in the group is Bob Goins, who teaches the Wilco ensemble at the Old Town School of Folk Music. He's a great musician, a super nice guy, and an amazing song-figurin'-out NINJA! It was fun seeing him talk guitars and music with Jeff.

The rest of us do all sorts of things when we're not playing Wilco tunes.

Anyway, we'll be playing a few tunes tonight at the Old Town School's First Friday open house. There's a showcase of student ensembles and we'll play You Are My Face and Hate it Here. It starts around 7 p.m. and it's on Lincoln just north of Montrose and south of Wilson.

If you're in Chicago, come on by and meet the crew.