3 songs off Sky Blue Sky available to listen to

skyblusky_mailer.jpg

I will with hold my criticisms until I hear the album in it's entirety.

Though I'm not pleased with the new tracks ("Walken" in particular) I will give Wilco the benefit of the doubt. It's only fitting for a band that's given so much to me.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure don't hear (or not hear) what you are hearing. Walken sounds exactly the same as all the live versions I've heard. Missing some energy? Of course it is. It isn't a live version.

That was my first impression after hearing the Walken recording. The criticisms people are leveling at this take of the song are the same sort of criticisms you could level at the majority of the songs on YHF and AGIB. Most of the songs they've recorded over the past 6 or 7 years lack the same punch and bombastic quality of the live performances. This really doesn't seem like that new of a development to me.

I think these are solid songs. Put on some headphones and appreciate how terrible the sound quality of these mp3s are...very flat. Now that is coming from someone who typically doesn't care or claim to be able to tell such things, but the sound is so flat that I really think these incredible songs will be even more incredible when we hear them in their full depth. Anyone else notice?

i've DEFINATELY noticed. i was wondering if they were final mixes and stuff? at first i was surprised and excitd, like "oh finally new stuff!" but now after listening a couple times and then started listened to some of the other records, i kind of can't believe that these are the final things? that or its just a TERRIBLE rip of them....any one else know anything?

I think this is legit. This should be cool.

Maybe, just maybe, the leaked songs weren't the finished product and they have realized people have started hearing these and some people have been disappointed. Maybe they are doing this to show fans that those leaked songs were not the real deal and they want us to hear everything in its full glory.

Or maybe not.

I think this is legit. This should be cool.

Maybe, just maybe, the leaked songs weren't the finished product and they have realized people have started hearing these and some people have been disappointed. Maybe they are doing this to show fans that those leaked songs were not the real deal and they want us to hear everything in its full glory.

Or maybe not.

yeah, haha or maybe they want to say "yes this is it. see??"