3 songs off Sky Blue Sky available to listen to

Wow. Does anyone hear a difference in the mechanics of the recording? It feels much warmer than AGIB, much "closer," if that makes any sense. I really like You Are My Face. Lovely little number. Either way is fantastic. Walken is a little eh on me still. I'm going to listen to it again and see how it goes.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are not demos. The thing is these aren't mastered yet. Early promos usually aren't. Anyone download Beck's Guero when it first leaked? It was flat like this is as well.

Guero remained flat upon its release and is still so. :ninja

Guero remained flat upon its release and is still so. :ninja

Haha, well, it was extra flat.

Wow. Does anyone hear a difference in the mechanics of the recording? It feels much warmer than AGIB, much "closer," if that makes any sense.

Yeah, AGIB had really good use of reverbs, these recordings feel more "live", less production.

Haha, well, it was extra flat.

I remember. When that stuff first leaked, I thought I had it all figured out: that they were actually tracks from Beck's unreleased "rock" album that he had ready to release around the time he went with Midnite Vultures instead. Alas, I was wrong. Not that I think Guero's awful; it's just sub-par to me.

Back on topic: You Are My Face is effing spectacular.

Just checking Wilcoworld for a sec, and I caught myself looking at the probable tracklisting. Does it seem off to anyone? I don't know about starting the record off with Either Way. Beautiful song, but I don't know about a record starter. Thoughts? Am I crazy?

EDIT FROM EARLIER POST: I was wrong about Walken. After a few listens, it rocks!

The bass playing on these songs is really great. John is one of the best.

This is Paul McCartney-esque playing right there. He's playing very busy lines, but always mindful of the song first. Paul couldn't have played "You Are My Face" any better than John did.

I think after hearing these three, I can wait.

In my opinion, the only thing that sounds mellow, at least on these tracks, is Kotche. He isn't bashing the cymbals alot, even on parts like the end of Walken.

Read the rules man, no direct links. I managed to find it pretty easy using Google. It ain't hard.

It's worth mentioning that yes, these tracks clearly haven't been mastered, so the actual send on record could end up with alot more edge to it.

Read the rules man, no direct links. I managed to find it pretty easy using Google. It ain't hard.

It's worth mentioning that yes, these tracks clearly haven't been mastered, so the actual send on record could end up with alot more edge to it.

Here we go again with the mastered vs. unmastered theories. Remember AGIB??