3 songs off Sky Blue Sky available to listen to

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You must not be doing very well."

Whatever man.

Somebody suggested that it sounded like it wasn't mastered, and I could see why they would think that and posted reasons saying why. But I was in no way asserting myself as knowing whether it was, or making any assumptions about anybody. I gave my reasons why I thought it might be just the final mix without mastering, but also said it was just as likely that this was it.

what school do you go to?

what school do you go to?

Well currently I'm at a local community college getting my gen eds out of the way, then I'll be going to Columbia in Chicago. So I'm mostly self-taught right now, but I am serious about studying it and don't just dick around with it. I consider myself a student, simpler to say that I am going to school for it instead of a long disclaimer.

I'm just listening to Walken for the first time...

But the first thing that comes to mind is YHF...with 100% less noise and 100% more rock.

I feel the same closed mic madness (and I mean good closed mic madness) from Tweedy that was there on YHF.

I like.

Well currently I'm at a local community college getting my gen eds out of the way, then I'll be going to Columbia in Chicago. So I'm mostly self-taught right now, but I am serious about studying it and don't just dick around with it. I consider myself a student, simpler to say that I am going to school for it instead of a long disclaimer.

just curious, that's all.

The into guitar part of Either Way reminds me of "Please tell my brother".

It's the same picking style. Either Way is a D chord on the fifth fret and Please Tell My Brother is an F chord.

The strings in Either Way sound really nice too eh guys?

That's because you are. Look down - you're probably wearing bell-bottom jeans RIGHT NOW.

Nope. But thanks for assuming I have bad fashion sense.