Icky Thump - New White Stripes album

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love watching Meg White play drums. It may be the sexiest thing I have ever witnessed ...

I've got no beef with watching the gal. Her drum part seems to be pretty much the same on any up-beat song, though. I realize she plays a simple scratch kit, but c'mon!

I've got no beef with watching the gal. Her drum part seems to be pretty much the same on any up-beat song, though. I realize she plays a simple scratch kit, but c'mon!

As many have pointed out, if Jack had a more accomplished drummer behind him playing complicated fills, it wouldn't be the White Stripes.

I'm loving this album, but I have to add that Meg looks freaking unbelievably hot in the "Icky Thump" video.

Not so much when she's playing the one blind eye prostitute, but when she's in the red room playing the drums... Wow.

Guest Jules
No female bounces around on a drum kit any hotter than Meg.............

I don't know. Meg's ok to look at, but she's not much of a technical drummer. It works for the music though.

I caught Mink's set at Lollapalooza this weekend (they're touring with Satellite Party). They have a hot female drummer who can really play. The band's pretty good too.

Did Get Behind Me Satan ever come out on vinyl? If so any tips on where to find it? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately it wasn't released on vinyl...V2's decision, I think. There are a few hundred promo copies (apparently), so you might see one of those pop up on eBay occasionally. Watch out for people selling one with colored vinyl, though...the general consensus is that it's a bootleg.

Maybe someday it'll get a proper release. :pray

Unfortunately it wasn't released on vinyl...V2's decision, I think. There are a few hundred promo copies (apparently), so you might see one of those pop up on eBay occasionally. Watch out for people selling one with colored vinyl, though...the general consensus is that it's a bootleg.

Maybe someday it'll get a proper release. :pray

I think the White Stripes early singles on ebay are amongst the most ridiculously high selling things I've ever seen on ebay.

I don't know. Meg's ok to look at, but she's not much of a technical drummer. It works for the music though.

I caught Mink's set at Lollapalooza this weekend (they're touring with Satellite Party). They have a hot female drummer who can really play. The band's pretty good too.

Yeah for their sound and what Jack needs her to do she works...............in most other bands she would be exposed................I still think she is a cutie..........