Icky Thump - New White Stripes album

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try watching Under Blackpool Lights? cos that DVD is terrible - and I love the White Stripes. When I saw them live in Cleveland at the Allen Theater, they knocked my fucking socks off.

What's wrong with Under Blackpool Lights? I thought it was really cool. I dug the lo-fi camera work for sure.

What's wrong with Under Blackpool Lights? I thought it was really cool. I dug the lo-fi camera work for sure.

:cheers plus the version of "Truth Doesn't Make A Noise" is freaking killer

My two cents:

De Stijl>Get Behind Me Satan>Elephant>White Stripes>White Blood Cells

I'm a huge stripes fan, in my humble opinion, they're the only modern band that rivals Wilco in terms of talent.

Also, Under Blackpool Lights was the shit, and those who doubt their talent should watch the following video from their stint as house band on Conan O'Brien:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y6WVD3PqeNY

Make sure to watch through to the end.

I would love to play bass with the Stripes. Not that they need it- but it would be a cool gig.

I'm curious to see how their sound continues to evolve. The pianos and marimbas were certainly unexpected on Get Behind Me Satan, and I'm thinking we may get some more straightforward rock on the new one after Jack's Raconteurs stint.

The Stripes got me after I initially thought they were an overly affected-sounding gimmick. I was wrong.

My two cents:

I'm a huge stripes fan, in my humble opinion, they're the only modern band that rivals Wilco in terms of talent.

Also, Under Blackpool Lights was the shit, and those who doubt their talent should watch the following video from their stint as house band on Conan O'Brien:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y6WVD3PqeNY

Make sure to watch through to the end.

I would agree that White/White Stripes rivals Tweedy/Wilco. I might put Will Sheff/Okkervil River up there...but not yet.

I, too, like Under Blackpool Lights. I like White's voice influctuations on Hardest Button to Button.

And I watched all 4 nights of Conan the week you reference...the Stripes played every night and were absolutely smokin.'

I would love to play bass with the Stripes. Not that they need it- but it would be a cool gig.

Have you ever heard Redd Blood Cells? The bass player from Redd Kross added bass to the tracks from White Blood Cells. I heard it a while back and some of it was actually pretty good.

Have you ever heard Redd Blood Cells? The bass player from Redd Kross added bass to the tracks from White Blood Cells. I heard it a while back and some of it was actually pretty good.

Color me intrigued.

Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...