Icky Thump - New White Stripes album

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello Children,

The White Stripes are teaming up with NME for a unique record release to help celebrate the band's 10th Anniversary and reveal new material. A very special limited edition gatefold red vinyl 7"single, featuring the track 'Rag And Bone' on side A and an etching on side B, will be available free with every copy of NME on sale June 6th. Less than a week later on June 11th, a white vinyl 7" of the new album's title track 'Icky Thump', containing a different etching on the flipside, will be available in stores as a companion to complete the NME distributed gatefold.

Thanks,

The White Stripes newsletter team

:w00t Anybody in the UK with a paypal account want to hook a sista up?? I'd be eternally grateful... :yes

The White Stripes albums have become clearly worse with each new release. I haven't seen a loss of ideas and songwriting skills this fast since Adore to Machina II. I have no expectations for the new one.

Funny, it almost reads like you expect it to suck.

The White Stripes albums have become clearly worse with each new release. I haven't seen a loss of ideas and songwriting skills this fast since Adore to Machina II. I have no expectations for the new one.

I disagree. Get Behind Me Satan is my favorite album, as a whole. I'm looking forward to what they've got to offer for new material.

De Stijl > White Blood Cells >>> Self-Titled >>>>> Elephant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Get Behind Me Satan

really would love for this album to be great, but the trend hasn't been to good for me

the only 2 that i consider great are De Stijl & WBC

I couldn't disagree more even if there were vast sums of money involved as a motivating factor. I think the band's growth is strikingly evident, especially with regards to Jack's phrasing, which was exceptional on Get Behind Me Satan. The old-timey piano ballads and concept songs like "Take Take Take" are a far cry from the prototypical Dee-troyt rock of their first record. And I'm glad for that.