Jeff Tweedy -- 3-3-07

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really nice pics, Donna. Great ones of all the good peoples we met, and some nice expressive photos of Jeff performing. I searched the internets for days trying to find some like that for the poster. You'd be surprised how few of them exist. I'm gonna hold on to these for future projects, most immediately a series of block prints of musical inspirations.

And it's fun to watch your slideshow to songs from SBS. :cheers

Awww, these are great! Thanks for sharing these. :) Made my morning seeing all the beautiful faces and happy memories. :yes

The last one made me giggle out loud too. :thumbup

(You guys have some gorgeous homes btw too!)

:wave Hi everybody! It's sad when these threads go to sleep, so thanks for waking it up again!

Oh, these are great pix, Donna. Thanks so much for posting them. I love the one of Erin bounding up the stairs at Edie's! That's so like her! The weekend just went by so quickly that it felt great to relive them through your photos. It was such a beautiful event -- kudos to every single one of you for making it so memorable.

Had to laugh to myself just now - remembering me driving with Donna as navigator from Edie's party out to Morgan's house in the burbs. We were talking so fast and furiously we kept forgetting to consider the fact that we had pretty much no idea where we were going! :lol And it really didn't matter because we were having so much fun! :D

I finally got a chance to look at these ... great pics, Donna! Thanks so much for posting them.

Melissa and I *almost* succeeded in completely avoiding your camera, but the one shot you did get of us (at Edie's party) I don't actually mind too much. :thumbup

Thanks Donna! Miss you guys ...

Leo, I feel like I've known you my whole life, and I miss you like crazy. See you in Ft. Wayne, right? :P

OMG those are so great Donna!

and there's the one i took of Christine giving Jeff bunny years :lol

That's a great shot! With the way we were all trading cameras around, it's a miracle we didn't each get home & discover we had someone else's camera! :lol

I'm sure our Chris was just celebrating Easter early, with her usual ebullience. :dance

:peace

Ninja peace sign, really.

Oh please, how gullible do we look? Besides me I mean? :rolleyes

Really nice pics, Donna. Great ones of all the good peoples we met, and some nice expressive photos of Jeff performing. I searched the internets for days trying to find some like that for the poster. You'd be surprised how few of them exist. I'm gonna hold on to these for future projects, most immediately a series of block prints of musical inspirations.

And it's fun to watch your slideshow to songs from SBS.

I watched the slideshow to that too, Johnny! Easy since SBS hasn't left my player in days....in fact here comes the title track! :thumbup

I know what you mean about trying to find good Jeff/Wilco pictures on the internet...part of the reason I started taking so many shots at shows was because I like my live shows with cover art (Helps to tell them apart, plus I just like them being pretty) and so many shows needed cover art made & I couldn't find photos! So now I have billions of photos to pick from, and I don't need to ask permission to use them. Well, I do ask myself, but I'm often just fine with it.

Thanks for the compliments. I wish I were a better photographer, but I guess I'm learning. It's a great hobby. And such fine-looking subjects! :yes

Fantastic shots, D!

Thanks. I miss the heck out of you, Mart!!! :cheekkiss

great, great photos donna!

Thanks again! And you, missy, are another one who lives way too far away!

Awww, these are great! Thanks for sharing these. :) Made my morning seeing all the beautiful faces and happy memories. :yes

The last one made me giggle out loud too. :thumbup

(You guys have some gorgeous homes btw too!)

That last one has such a perfect capture of the spontaneity of the moment...."Quick, sit down!".....I think Edie was about to tip over...and Jeff was just happily mugging for the camera. I love that pose he struck. He was in such a fun mood, as were we all. He's so patient with all of us knuckleheads.

Great pictures, Donna!

The snow looks so pretty when you're not actually walking in it, or driving in it, or shivering in it...

Southern Californian that I am, I absolutely loved crunching around in it & watching the flakes swirl around (no, not you guys, the snowflakes...) but I kept expecting to hit a patch of ice and land on my ass. I was amazed that I stayed upright the whole weekend, other than when I intentionally sat or laid down. I think I have this snow thing down! :)

:wave Hi everybody! It's sad when these threads go to sleep, so thanks for waking it up again!

Oh, these are great pix, Donna. Thanks so much for posting them. I love the one of Erin bounding up the stairs at Edie's! That's so like her! The weekend just went by so quickly that it felt great to relive them through your photos. It was such a beautiful event -- kudos to every single one of you for making it so memorable.

Had to laugh to myself just now - remembering me driving with Donna as navigator from Edie's party out to Morgan's house in the burbs. We were talking so fast and furiously we kept forgetting to consider the fact that we had pretty much no idea where we were going! :lol And it really didn't matter because we were having so much fun!

Wendy, there are no words for how fun that drive was....one of my favorite memories, which is saying a lot since I had so many great ones to choose from! And then we sat in Morgan's driveway for a looooong while because we still weren't nearly finished talking! I'm still not sure how we got to Morgan's place....I think the Rock Tourism gods were nudging your car down the road and into the correct turns. It certainly had nothing to do with any navigational help I was providing! :lol

Oh...yes! That pic of Erin is so precious! One of my favorites.

See you in Ft. Wayne, Wendy. :thumbup

I finally got a chance to look at these ... great pics, Donna! Thanks so much for posting them.

Melissa and I *almost* succeeded in completely avoiding your camera, but the one shot you did get of us (at Edie's party) I don't actually mind too much.

Sweet boy, I'm so sorry that pic is blurry and dark, but somehow it's beautiful anyway, isn't it? You and Melissa have such contented expressions, and it has that candlelit quality to it. That party had such wonderful people & such warmth, and the best kalamata olives and deviled eggs.... :worship

I'm pretty sure it's somebody else's turn to talk now. I'd like to hear some of your best weekend stories, please....nice little clips from your memory storehouses. Ready, go!

If you are entertaining enough, I may be persuaded to put up the 4 or 5 little video clips I shot during the show! :w00t

:yes Me too.
Thanks. I miss the heck out of you, Mart!!! :cheekkiss

If you are entertaining enough, I may be persuaded to put up the 4 or 5 little video clips I shot during the show! :w00t

:cheekkiss back atcha sweetie. Now come on out to NY again!!! Bring the guys!!!!!! And let's see some video clips!!!!!!!! Exclamation points!!!!!!!!!

Great pictures, Donna!

The snow looks so pretty when you're not actually walking in it, or driving in it, or shivering in it... :cold

Be very glad you are not in Poughkeepsie tonight. It's snowmagideon time out there.

Donna, those pictures are fabulous -- really conjures up the night again!

Oh, and thanks for the VC Staff photos -- there should be an official link to it or something :P

devilled eggs! bundt cake!! wotta night! so sorry to have missed the soiree at edie and scott's.

and after reading all this, you guys can look for me in ft. wayne, too. :dancing :pirate

wendy, donna was this the first time that you've met face to face?! WOO!

I truly hope Ft. Wayne really goes down...less than 2 hours up the road from me. It would be a real pleasure to get to meet you folks. :thumbup

devilled eggs! bundt cake!! wotta night! so sorry to have missed the soiree at edie and scott's.

and after reading all this, you guys can look for me in ft. wayne, too. :dancing :pirate

It was, and it was a totally WOOO experience!!! :cheers :D :wub :dance :banana :bounce8

See you both in Ft. Wayne! :w00t :hyper :party Ok, that's probably about my limit on the smilies....

Psst, Evonne, Edie's husband Scott makes the most fabulous deviled eggs....a recipe he has promised to divulge!...and that chocolate-chocolate chip bundt cake of Morgan's is wickedly good. There were the best kalamata olives too....I may not have let anyone else have any, though....I sort of guarded the dish for much of the party..... :blush

Donna, those pictures are fabulous -- really conjures up the night again!

Oh, and thanks for the VC Staff photos -- there should be an official link to it or something :P

We were all appointed based on our excellent good looks. :yes

Edit: In dim candlelight anyway

:w00t I've got a guest room with a sign on the door: "Reserved for LA VC celebrity rock tourism goddesses!" :worship

:yes :D If we didn't have to get some sleep before the LR show, we would have probably driven around until sunrise, which wasn't far off. And also had it not been for Donna's incredible recall of street names and directions. It was almost freakish, to tell you the truth. :unsure

I truly hope Ft. Wayne really goes down...less than 2 hours up the road from me. It would be a real pleasure to get to meet you folks. :thumbup

Oh, man - it would be great to have the mountain bed family make the trek! Pre-show party time! :dance