Jeff Tweedy -- 3-3-07

A wonderful post, Kevin, and you did it with no quoting and only one emoticon!

I should also add that it was great to see and/or meet everyone on Friday night, and also to hang out with the Madison crew at the pre-preparty featuring the AD on Thursday night. ;)

I'm going to kill you. :wub

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everybody, I'm home safe and sound after a very long day (yesterday) of airplane games.....we got to play "fire drill" in Dallas! After we were all settled on the plane, ready for takeoff, a piercing, shrill tone began to sound & grew until I finally put my book down and stuffed balls of tissue into my ears, which didn't help much. After a good 15 minutes of this, the captain explained that a small hydraulic fluid leak had been found at the nose of the plane, and they needed to test the system to figure out what was up. He guessed it was just a valve that needed tightening...something minor. So then we got more of the piercing whine for a long stretch, then silence for another long time. At least we all got juice, that was nice of them. But ultimately, maintenance ruled that our plane needed to be taken out of servive, so we all got to re-gather our belongings and troop over to another plane at another gate & "Take your same seats, please!" The deja vu jokes were flying, even if we weren't. :lol Finally got into Ontario (CA) about 12:30, dead on my feet, and my poor baby girl Alissa was not only exhausted but burning up with a fever that had just started that day, over 102. :omg So we've spent today pretty much in collapse mode.

There aren't enough words to say enough thank you's to everyone involved in what was a magical & nearly surreal weekend for me. For now, I'll just say that I've got some precious, precious pictures.....one of Jeff & M.Chris that I adore, another of Chandler that is too cute for words, and plenty of everything else, some good and some awful.....you'll see them. Everyone who had anything to do with this weekend and the joy it brought me, I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you think I might mean you, well, of course I do! Now take whatever love & gratitude you imagine that I feel, and multiply it by about 100x over, and now you're close to my actual sentiments. I feel so immensely blessed to be able to travel in the company of some of the world's finest people. :wub

I was so happy after our adventures that I was cheerful throughout all the plane-switching lunacy! Other passengers were cheering up just feeding off my silly cracks and happy glow (either that or maybe I was annoying the hell out of them :blush ), and I know they appreciated when I suggested to the flight crew that "free drinks for everybody!" were in order :w00t ....

.....even if they never did follow through..... :lol :pirate

......Somebody is still giddy, can you tell? :P :D :cheers :)

Now I'm going to go watch "Home Alone" with my sick little girl, just to see a bit more of Winnetka! :thumbup

Hey Erin, on a side note . . . I think that Sue may have forgotten them and left them on your bar downstairs. You may want to check. I didn't want them to get misplaced.

Don't worry, those were a few extras....we made more than we actually needed. Erin & Kristen, have at them! :cheekkiss

Anna and I made it back to Texas just before our horse, Jethro, went mad. It was late and we were exhausted. Such an incredible evening. Skyflynn, your post was right on the $ :worship . You said it all. There is so much to talk about. All the memories spring to my mind throughout the day. The one I was laughing out loud about was when Leo requested Pot Kettle Black and Jeff pumped his fist at him and made that face- :realmad I also enjoyed his explanation of why they don

you guys need to start putting captions on your pics so the rest of us schmucks can put screen names to faces... :yes

But........half the fun is guessing who's who!!!!

What's wierd....I pictured Kevin(skyflynn) pretty accurately......

-Robert.

Here are just a couple of shots for now....

dsc05273jb3.jpg

Chandler with pre-show glow!

dsc05294yh2.jpg

As Jesus Etc. began, with the room utterly hushed

dsc05304rr7.jpg

Gotta love this wry expression!

dsc05367lk9.jpg

Post-show goofiness...Jeff had just caught Chris putting rabbit ears behind his head for a photo. I love the blur of action here, because it captures the moment as it felt. :D Someone else shot this with my camera (Kyle?) as I used Chris' camera. (That's me taking the photo, in the shot.)

It couldn't have been more perfect. It sparkled!

Edie's party the night before keyed the weekend. It was so easy and fun meeting everyone and learning that we all shared this very personal perspective about this very special man.

The Colemans welcoming us into their remarkable home. It was as if their house had been built for that weekend. Especially the winding stairs down to the basement/soundstage. It allowed us to lurk like children on Christmas morning while what seemed the longest sound check ever occurred.

Jeff was in an amazing mood. He seemed so happy. His banter was priceless. The Mexico vacation, the STD guitars, the reluctance to play PKB explanation, who wears the pants in the Tweedling home, the Letters to the Easter Bunny bit and, best of all: after completing Pecan Pie, his concern that Sue seemed sad after hearing a happy song. Her explanation that hearing it caused her to miss her bar and his telling us how it was that he composed Pecan Pie while walking to Lounge Axe to see her, let us in on such a private, loving, and human moment. It was a very intimate evening; not just in proximity, but emotionally. It affirmed his status as a truly great songwriter: his music being a reflection of his soul. He is an honest, passionate, tender man.

But, what really pushed this weekend over the top was you all! I am humbled by how comfortable and familiar we all were, most meeting for the first time. "We laughed, we cried ..." I feel as though we've all been friends for years. Thank you for that.

Let's all do it again, soon.

Thanks Erin. You are beautiful.

your pics turned out AWESOME, chris! as did everyone else's...i love all the little moments that are turning up in everyones photos, i didnt even see the bunny ears fiasco, or any of those other cute pictures being taken. pure awesomeness.

okay so ive finally had time to do come down from my little high from the weekend...im with erin, my sleep patterns are still incredibly screwy, but im managing. basically i want to repeat what others have already said...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone involved, it was truly the group that made this night/weekend so special (but i mean, jeff made it ok too i guess.. :P) you're all fabulous people and i can only hope that we can all come together on some other occasion that doesnt just roll around once a year...any time any of you find yourselves in chicago, come knock on my door and i'll not only give you food and shelter, but i can promise good company and a fun night out on the town! :D

honestly guys, i remember this same feeling last year...just thinking about how it all started, and actually being at that letters to santa show this year and hearing heather talk about it...it's just so incredible what goes on around here, it blows my mind sometimes. thank you for being the incredibly generous, friendly, and kind hearted people you are--it makes me proud to be a fan.

love you all--thanks again for impacting my life in such a fantastic way. lets hope there's a next year for us all! :D

DSC00944.jpg

I love that picture!! :lol

and also, johnny.....a little someone who adored your poster told me today that it was sent to jeff's management and they liked it and are asking for your info-- hope you don't mind that i passed that along ;)

:w00t

412154861_f08f2bc36b_b.jpg

This is probably my favorite picture of the pre-show party.

Seconded! :lol

Leo, I must say you deal very well with the star-making machine! :cheers

Let's have lunch in Chicago again sometime soon!