Jeff Tweedy -- 3-3-07

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then we got to watch Tweedy toss the Nerf football around. And we were both swoony.

Does he have a good arm?

The only thing I've seen him toss was a diet coke shot in a chocolate shotglass designed for Bailey's during the pee break. He was so excited, he spilled half of it on the Coleman's dining room table cloth. Hilarious!

Does he have a good arm?

The only thing I've seen him toss was a diet coke shot in a chocolate shotglass designed for Bailey's during the pee break. He was so excited, he spilled half of it on the Coleman's dining room table cloth. Hilarious!

:lol

You read my post on the other board didn't you? Smooth.

I seriously think that song fits in the new Wilco vibe or whatever. Did you mention my name when you made the request? If so, that's probably why he didn't play it.

No, I didn't. I gave him two choices, Car Wash Blues and Muzzle Of Bees. He said, "I'll be happy to play Muzzle Of Bees". And in my mind, I dedicated that song to you as well. Because, well...

beeattack.jpg

1. Spiders - Erin

2. Someday Soon - Jen

3. Radio King - Wendy

4. Reservations - Jackson

5. Pot Kettle Black - Leo

6. Muzzle of Bees - Christine (M. Christine) (first requested "working at the carwash blues")

7. Not for the Season - Jenny Lackey

8. No More Poetry - John

9. Dreamer in my Dreams - Chris - bobbob

10. Jesus Etc. (with Erin on violin) - Tom

11. Heavy Metal Drummer - Melissa

12. One by One - Vanessa

13. Impossible Germany - Mike

14. Who Were You Thinking of? - Donna

15. Gun - Kevin

16. New Madrid - Amy

17. ELT - Steve

18. What Light - Sue

19. Theologians - Kristen (first requested "venus stop the train")

20. I'm a Wheel - Kristen

21. Passenger Side - Mr. Shire

22. Family Gardener - David

23. Magazine Called Sunset - Anna

24. Is That the Thanks I Get - Ken

25. Forget the Flowers - Wayne

26. Always in Love - Morgan

27. Love N Mercy - Chandler

28. Can't Keep From Talking - Chris Cross

29. I Got You (accompanying vocals Jen/Chris) - Adam

30. I am Trying to Break Your Heart - Chris Norton

31. Misunderstood (16 nothings) - Chris Norton

32. Pecan Pie - Warner

33. Should Have Been in Love - Chris (CH2)

34. Acuff Rose - Kyle

35. Can't Stand It - Edie

36. Candyfloss - Edie

37. Pieholden Suite - Gail

38. How to Fight Loneliness - Rich

39. I'm the Man Who Loves You - All

40. California Stars - All

So you know who you can blame for each song.

DANG!! You are good!!!!

Thanks for this! It's going into my scrapbook along with copies of all the awesome photos I've collected from everyone....

Donna where are your photos?????

Thanks so much!

Vanessa

Edie did all the hard work, I just copy-pasted.

But I am a pretty damn good copy-paster.

Dude, you're awesome....did you like the picture I posted of you, Leo and I???

I still don't know how to make the attachments larger...any advice?

That is a wonderful picture!

I don't think you can make the attachments larger. You just have to click on it to make it come up larger.

And I don't think you'll have any problems convincing people to check out more pictures if all they have to do is click.

To post larger pictures, the pictures first need to be online somewhere. A photo-sharing site will do, so long as you can get a web address for the picture that includes the file extension, such as .JPG. If you have your own web space, that's even better.

Then just click the Insert Image button in the toolbar when posting, and enter the web address for the picture. To see an example, just click Reply on any post that has a picture and look at how the BBCode is formatted.

I'm curious....What was Jeff's response to Kristen's original request of "Venus Stop The Train"?

I'm pretty sure he just said something along the lines of he can't play it on acoustic guitar, or it's been a long time since he's played it or something...

I would've liked to hear that.

Vanessa, That is a great photo. Thanks!

....and also, johnny.....a little someone who adored your poster told me today that it was sent to jeff's management and they liked it and are asking for your info-- hope you don't mind that i passed that along ;)

Yeah, I got the call from Tony Marguerita last night:

TM:"Jimmy, babe, how are you"?

JL:"It's Johnny".

TM:"So Jim, first off, Tweedy's face is copywrited. Letters to Santa is copywrited.

And it's in Jeff's contract to never have to appear with a Canine American, in a poster or otherwise".

JL:"I didn't know".

TM:"I could fill a boxcar with what you didn't know".

JL:"What does that mean"?

TM:"It's showbiz stuff. But I'll get to the point".

JL:"Okay..."

TM:"We need a good roadie. Someone to carry around Sansone's toupees. A good Wig Man, if you will".

JL:"A Wig Man"?

TM:"Did I stutter? Yes, a Wig Man. You think Pat just rolls out of bed looking that good"?

JL:"I guess not..."

TM:"You bet your sweet bippie, you guess not"!

JL:"I was just hoping I could do some promotional artwork for Tweedy and/or the band, something along those lines".

TM:"Artwork? Son, we got hipsters working on posters all over the country 24/7. Besides, I heard your work runs toward the psychadelic".

JL:"I'd like to think that I wear more hats than that, artistically and musically..."

TM:"Don't mention hats! Pat hates hats"!

JL:"I don't think this is gonna work out..."

TM:"We'll see. Have your people call my people".

JL:"I don't have any people".

TM:"It's like a whole nother world down there in Kentucky, huh"?

Seriously, I hope I hear something. I'm not gonna lie. That would be more than copasetic. I'm just a little worried because my email thing rejects incoming emails occasionally, including one not too long ago from someone in another city who wanted to buy an expensive painting. Luckily, he tracked down a gallery that had my phone number.

But I've rambled enough. We all have work to do.

OK, I was giggling about the Canine American, and then I got to part about the Wig Man, and the hipsters, and the whole nother world, and oh god that's good stuff... :lol

TM:"Jimmy, babe, how are you"?

JL:"It's Johnny".

TM:"So Jim, first off, Tweedy's face is copywrited. Letters to Santa is copywrited.

And it's in Jeff's contract to never have to appear with a Canine American, in a poster or otherwise".

JL:"I didn't know".

TM:"I could fill a boxcar with what you didn't know".

JL:"What does that mean"?

TM:"It's showbiz stuff. But I'll get to the point".

JL:"Okay..."

TM:"We need a good roadie. Someone to carry around Sansone's toupees. A good Wig Man, if you will".

JL:"A Wig Man"?

TM:"Did I stutter? Yes, a Wig Man. You think Pat just rolls out of bed looking that good"?

JL:"I guess not..."

TM:"You bet your sweet bippie, you guess not"!

JL:"I was just hoping I could do some promotional artwork for Tweedy and/or the band, something along those lines".

TM:"Artwork? Son, we got hipsters working on posters all over the country 24/7. Besides, I heard your work runs toward the psychadelic".

JL:"I'd like to think that I wear more hats than that, artistically and musically..."

TM:"Don't mention hats! Pat hates hats"!

JL:"I don't think this is gonna work out..."

TM:"We'll see. Have your people call my people".

JL:"I don't have any people".

TM:"It's like a whole nother world down there in Kentucky, huh"?

Seriously, I hope I hear something. I'm not gonna lie. That would be more than copasetic. I'm just a little worried because my email thing rejects incoming emails occasionally, including one not too long ago from someone in another city who wanted to buy an expensive painting. Luckily, he tracked down a gallery that had my phone number.

But I've rambled enough. We all have work to do.

Mike and I just read that together (yes, I'm getting him interested in the VC site....need a good name for him)...and we both laughed so hard I think I peed my pants! Loving the humor!

Man, I had a awesome time. The more I think about the more I realize how truly special that event was. It must have been, made me finally join the VC.

Hey Edie - Your the bomb for your setlist! Give Scott my best

Hummingbird's husband

Man, I had a awesome time. The more I think about the more I realize how truly special that event was. It must have been, made me finally join the VC.

Hey Edie - Your the bomb for your setlist! Give Scott my best

Hummingbird's husband

Hey Mike, I think you should be the hummingbard :yes Get it? Then we'd have Hummingbird and the Hummingbard. :lol

You might have to be able to spout a few lines of Shakespeare to pull it off, though. Or maybe just a few lines of "She's a Jar". :thumbup