is that the thanks i get...

after several listens under the old belt, i'm really enjoying the new album (three months early :D ).

i can't help but think, however, that "the thanks i get" would have fit perfectly on this album...

I thought about starting a thread like this for about the last 24 hours, but welch79 beat me to the punch. :thumbup

This is the third record in a row that Wilco has basically given to us for FREE months prior to the actual release date. Thank you Wilco.

thought 'thanks i get' shouldve been on here too instead of patient with me or shake if off....i dont understand why they played it at conan last year if it wasnt even gonna be on a cd and no one knew it, odd choice in my opinion cuz the crowd wasnt diggin' it either

I think it would have fit but would have dumbed the album down lyrically.

Not that the record is shoddy lyrically - far from it - but the only song that jumped out at me as really poetic was "Hate it Here"... and the first tune. that's on two listens, mind you.

If nothing else, "The Thanks I Get" would have helped diversify the pacing a little more.

thought 'thanks i get' shouldve been on here too instead of patient with me or shake if off....i dont understand why they played it at conan last year if it wasnt even gonna be on a cd and no one knew it, odd choice in my opinion cuz the crowd wasnt diggin' it either

I was there, and eveyone seemed to be digging it.

i dont understand why they played it at conan last year if it wasnt even gonna be on a cd and no one knew it

Uh, becuase they wanted to. That's like asking why they would have played Conan when they didn't have a new release that they were shilling.

i think if hate it here is on the album, thanks i got should have been too, especially since they went and played it on Conan... there was definitely a place for it, maybe itll be on a single or something.

i'm sad to see that "let's not get carried away" didn't make the cut. still, i LOVE what they put on there and hope the other studio tracks surface sooner than later.

I don't like it either. Especially the "we can make it better" part.

Call me strange and unsophisticated, but I don't find anything wrong with a little bit of lyrical simplicity. And there's no problem with a catchy singalong now and again....not everything has to have some deep, hidden meaning. And especially in an upbeat song like that, you don't want to be struggling trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about.

I'm quite disappointed that it's not on the album, as I too think it would have been a good pace variation. The songs are all great, and some of them are already favorites, but I could do with a slightly more "punch"-y song now and again. That seems to be the one major department, for me, where SBS is lacking.

I was there, and eveyone seemed to be digging it.

dont get me wrong i was diggin' it, but everyone around me had the look on their face like 'what is this?' and NO ONE sang along...i did a little bit but with everyone quiet it didnt really work. From where i was it didnt appear that people were digging it except me and my friends. :dancing

NO ONE sang along...

Did you honestly expect people to sing along to a song that had never been released (and still hasn't)?

The less people sing along at shows, the happier I am.

Did you honestly expect people to sing along to a song that had never been released (and still hasn't)?

The less people sing along at shows, the happier I am.

no i didnt actually, thats my whole point...i dont understand why they would play it, especially if they werent going to release it :stunned

no i didnt actually, thats my whole point...i dont understand why they would play it, especially if they werent going to release it :stunned

do you think they knew, that they weren't going to release it?