Favorite Sky Blue Sky Song

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i had to choose one id choose "You are my Face", i just love the flow of it.

Ive forgotten how most of them go except this one, which shows something. Im not sure what that is, but it means that....that songs rocks. :rock

I think its great but the weakest album opener since I must be high.

Really? I think it's a very nice choice to start with. I don't really have a reason, just that I think it's a nice opener?( but what do I know) :hmm

I like Either Way as an opener.

My favorite (I know it will change from day to day for who knows how long) is "What Light" although "Please Be Patient With Me" is right behind it. I keep jumping back and forth between the two singing them in my head. What a beautiful album!

I'm going to say there are very few songs that aren't highlights, but the best are:

Hate It Here

You Are My Face

On and On and On (which really became an amazing song in the studio.)

Leave Me Like You Found Me.

Either Way is still a great opener, don't get me wrong, just hasn't had the same bull bustin' feel of the last 3 albums.

It sets the mood perfectly for the album. It's very subtle and smooth.

nevermind you guys are getting me all wrong.

I meant weak as in mellow.

I got you perfectly fine. Thats what my post was in response to.

A more rocking song wouldn't work as well as an opener because the opener needs to set the tone for the rest of the album. Could you imagine "Heavy Metal Drummer" being the opener for YHF? It's the same way you need a mellow song to open SBS because it's a more mellow and subtle album.

Love the first three tracks....Either Way, YAMF, Impossible Germany, and the last track On and On. I wasn't a fan of it when I heard it live last year but it has something in the album mix that just hooks me. The rest of the disc is pretty good, but those are the 4 songs that grab me. I'd say Impossible Germany would probably be my favorite.

See, this is why Wilco is such a great band cause I know however I answer this question now, my "favorite" in 6 months will be different. It was like that on their last few albums (for example, ALTWYS initially then eventually Muzzle) and I guess it'll be like that on this one as well...

Side With the Seeds &

You Are My Face

Yep.

Although I just now got through my first listen of the whole thing, so things are likely to move around some for me. But these picks are nothing new--Side With the Seeds was easily my favorite of the live versions of the new songs and I've been addicted to You Are My Face since it leaked last week.

since walken and what light have been on the live circuit for so long, theyre easy to get overlooked (walken especially) but I think its a damn fine song...probably just a little dismissive of them in anticipation of becoming really familiar with the rest of the CD, would be my guess.