Favorite Sky Blue Sky Song

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. I have been in Phoenix since last Wednesday. I missed the streaming of SBS. Is there a way to access the studio versions of the songs? It sounds like many folks on here have the new tracks downloaded. I would like to hear them.

I have live versions of all the tracks except: You are My Face, Hate it Here and Leave Me (Like you Found Me) obviously b/c they have not yet been played live. I have Jeff solo versions of Sky Blue Sky and Please Be Patient with Me.

Thanks and I hope you're all diggin' the new record so far.

Guest Jules
Hi all. I have been in Phoenix since last Wednesday. I missed the streaming of SBS. Is there a way to access the studio versions of the songs? It sounds like many folks on here have the new tracks downloaded. I would like to hear them.

They're streaming it again on Sunday I believe.

i'm just doing my first listen all the way through, and i am thinking right now that "shake it off" and "hate it here" are some of the most soulful songs i've ever heard out of this band who i think are pretty full of soul to begin with. (i'm feeling these songs like i feel a lot of big star songs...tweedy is channelling chilton here in many ways, which is, from my perspective, a huge complement!) i think that "you are my face" is pretty dang amazing too...the lyrics are gorgeous. i can't wait to hear some of these live with the full band!

personally, i'm thrilled with this new album. i think wilco never fails to entertain and evolve. sure, "hate it here" doesn't have profound lyrics, but neither do most other great pop songs. i can safely say that this will get at least as much play as my other wilco albums. on a different note, i think it will sound fantastic on vinyl! nice work, boys! :cheers

I've only got about seventy percent of the album so far, so hard to say. This is really damn cheesey to say but the shit just chokes me up. It fully captures what killed me when I saw them at the Fillmore (Denver). This sense that their sound and communication with each other is filled with this really romantic kind of humanism. Listening to these songs feels overwhelmingly positive. Much more "joyful" then AGIB.

Right now suprisingly all I can say stands out is that Walken is my least favorite. Something I never expected.

Can anyone send me mp3 of Patient With Me, Leave Me Like You Found Me, or Side With the Seeds? (If thats not cool to ask for I understand, but I will be at the record store early in the morning when this comes out)

Impossible Germany

Either Way

Did they tone down the heavy guitars at the end of Impossible Germany? Live, the ending of the song is much louder.

Impossible Germany for me, too. Nothing else is sticking like this song.

I've only heard 2 live versions of the song but the ending doesn't sound too different from the album version.