Rank the Wilco albums

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

Truth, in this case, is defined by the chronological order in which the albums were released, regardless of what you believe.

How do you turn something subjective into objective? Must be Magic. Mr. Tweedy himself, who is one of only two to have a hand in all of these would disagree with what you perceive as fact. But who cares that is the fun of all this.

Considering the stance do you still go to see the band? They don't play much of that stuff anymore, maybe a quarter of the show. The fantastic musicians in this band would be wasting their collective abilities if they played stuff that was written for a band of 4 to play.

wrong.

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

it's the only answer and the only truth.

I certainly respect your favorites, I mean you are the one who has to listen to it, but what gets me in the discussion of "chronologic order defines the bands best work" is SBS, the most recent most closely resembles the first two. So how can it be last? This is a sincere question b/c I'm intersted in hearing the thoughts of you on the board who agree that the chronologic order defines the bands best work in order.

How do you turn something subjective into objective? Must be Magic. Mr. Tweedy himself, who is one of only two to have a hand in all of these would disagree with what you perceive as fact. But who cares that is the fun of all this.

Considering the stance do you still go to see the band? They don't play much of that stuff anymore, maybe a quarter of the show. The fantastic musicians in this band would be wasting their collective abilities if they played stuff that was written for a band of 4 to play.

Read the first post of the thread. The answer is not at all subjective.

I certainly respect your favorites, I mean you are the one who has to listen to it, but what gets me in the discussion of "chronologic order defines the bands best work" is SBS, the most recent most closely resembles the first two. So how can it be last? This is a sincere question b/c I'm intersted in hearing the thoughts of you on the board who agree that the chronologic order defines the bands best work in order.

my favorites have nothing to do with it.

And, of course, factual data. This is a case of factual data.

What factual data? I mean the only factual data would be sales (consumer) and reviews (critics)

I found a site I'm sure your most aware of, metacritic, that tries to some extent cumulate data to give what could loosley be described as scientific to the critical component and based on that.

YHF

KT

MM2

AGIB

SBS

Would be the order of the bands best work. Not sure where to find the sales figures. Anyone know?

my favorites have nothing to do with it.

what does? I would like to read your response.

You didn't take a minute to give an answer to the question I asked regarding SBS, why?

You didn't take a minute to give an answer to the question I asked regarding SBS, why?

because it isn't relevant to this particular thread.

also, SBS is last because it's the last album that they released. so far.

I am certain that Jeff (and John, for that matter) would agree with me.

Not according to numerous public quotes where he laments AM, and if that is so why spend so many years moving away from that material?

Not according to numerous public quotes where he laments AM, and if that is so why spend so many years moving away from that material?

No. You are completely wrong, and if you can find me some quotes that list the album order as anything other than:

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

...I would love to read them.

No. You are completely wrong, and if you can find me some quotes that list the album order as anything other than:

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

...I would love to read them.

Ok So I took the bait.....thanks for playing..... :punch

Well as you can see my limited posting I would imagine the moral is to read the first post. Good one.

Guest David Puddy
Well as you can see my limited posting I would imagine the moral is to read the first post. Good one.

i'm pretty sure i fell for it in one of the earlier few pages of the post too. all in good fun, just hilarious to see you start arguing your point when you were absolutely incorrect. and then you threw in the little "jeff would disagree with you all" gem.

welcome to VC. :cheers

Thanks.

BTW saw your avatar and I just saw the Freewheeling show in Charlottesville where they were fantastic.

I'm getting a copy from a buddy who recorded it if your interested.