Rank the Wilco albums

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

I haven't done this before, so it might be a little rough, but here goes:

AM

Being There

Summerteeth

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Ghost

Sky Blue Sky

Wilco (The Album)

I don't ever post here, but I do feel that, over my time spent reading this forum, I have gained at least SOME insight into the intricacies of Wilco Chronology. That said, I hope I am not too far off in believing that the correct order should be:

A.M.

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

I will reserve my opinion of W(TA) until after it has been released. It would not surprise me, however, given the typical flow of time, if the new album shows up last in this list. I guess we'll find out soon!

No, you not be too far off.

No, you not be too far off.

Hey, tareth, I just realized that you edited your above post therefore causing my smartassed reply to look like the stupid one! Touche. :thumbup

I got my copy of Wilco (The Album) Vol II first, so it is:

AM

Being There

Summerteeth

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

A Ghost Is Born

Sky Blue Sky

Wilco (The Album) II

Wilco (The Album)

Hey, tareth, I just realized that you edited your above post therefore causing my smartassed reply to look like the stupid one! Touche. :thumbup

There are times where the only course of action is a ninja edit. ;)

After listening to the stream, I am confident that W(TA) will indeed be placed at the end of the ranking list. And I know this is off topic, but I'm completely loving the album [should that be (the album)?]. Can't wait to hear these songs live. :dancing

whats with all the chronology? I love AM but come on...

YHF

ST

BT

MA

AGIB

AM

SBS

W(TA)

this new album makes me weary to say the least, first few are good but the middle falls flat. pretty disappointed by "You and I", although the last two tracks pick things up. just wish they had more weird Nels guitar noodles like at the end of the album

You may want to go back and read the first page of this thread.

Welcome to VC! :wave

hmmm, yeah you're right. so what is this trying to prove, that the catalog, when listened to, is better starting from AM to SBS and vice versa, or that we prefer either the first few albums or the most recent...i have no idea how this works