Rank the Wilco albums

Welcome -- what an unfortunate first thread to post in :lol

Seriously, this thread is all about chronology. Your tastes have no place here.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

It has been an exciting week. Exciting enough that i believe I will actually post in this thread:

AM

Being There

Summerteeth

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

A Ghost Is Born

Sky Blue Sky

Wilco (The Album)

And that's all I have to say about that.

Welcome -- what an unfortunate first thread to post in :lol

Seriously, this thread is all about chronology. Your tastes have no place here.

ha agreed, so misleading. I can't believe that a thread of this length was even necessary to establish that...and now I'm making it longer

Much like opinion, necessity plays no part in this thread

This is unbelievable.

36 pages of sarcasm!

And this is hardly the first thread hotly debating the chronology of Wilco albums. But many controversial subjects require lengthy, intense discussion between those who are right and those who are simply wrong.

And this is hardly the first thread hotly debating the chronology of Wilco albums. But many controversial subjects require lengthy, intense discussion between those who are right and those who are simply wrong.

Believe it or not, the other night I actually read every single page of this thread - it was that entertaining!

Every time I thought it was finally going to become clear to people what was going on, someone else would show up and start the love all over again.

And by the way:

(As of today, May 16, 2009)

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

truly a brilliant thread ... shallow and deep at the same time ...i felt the need to post just to resurect (sp) it

truly a brilliant thread ... shallow and deep at the same time ...i felt the need to post just to resurect (sp) it

Well, I have to say that after further listening, I am ready to post my rankings. Much thought and effort, and a wall-sized pro/con list has gone into this, but I will say...

AM

Being There

Sumerteeth

(Mermaid I, II)

YHF

A Ghost is Born

Kicking TV

Sky Blue Sky

Wilco

However, a vinyl ranking would be more like this:

AM

Being There

Summerteeth

YHF

AGIB

SBS

Wilco

Kicking TV

I'm just sayin'

Well, I have to say that after further listening, I am ready to post my rankings. Much thought and effort, and a wall-sized pro/con list has gone into this, but I will say...

AM

Being There

Sumerteeth

(Mermaid I, II)

YHF

A Ghost is Born

Kicking TV

Sky Blue Sky

Wilco

However, a vinyl ranking would be more like this:

AM

Being There

Summerteeth

YHF

AGIB

SBS

Wilco

Kicking TV

I'm just sayin'

While your order is correct, there's a bunch of stuff that doesn't belong in there.

these are what matter most to me:

BT

ST

YHF

You also have things in the right order, but you're missing a few important pieces.

AM

BT

MA v1

ST

MA v2

YHF

AGIB

The Wilco Book

KT

S BS

Wilco

Look up a couple inches.

I realize this, thank you for pointing it out. I'm going to be extra careful with my posts since you seem to have a rebuttal prepared for most of them.

You have 543 posts. I have responded to three(?) of them. What you should be more extra carefuller with is your math. Maybe you forgot to carry the one or something.