Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

• Like 1
  • Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

It's tough to argue against your choices, but I'm going to go out on a limb by putting KT somewhere towards the middle of the ranking. I hope I'm not flamed for that, what with me being foreign and all and therefore perhaps with a different musical heritage and take on things. 

Should we call it 5.5 in the sequence?

Well, the new album is finally here. After a dozen spins, I feel confident in ranking Ode to Joy at the very bottom of my list. As a long-time Wilco fan, I'm not happy or sad about this. It is what it is. Given the band's recent trajectory, though, I feel safe in saying that the only thing that could possibly bump the new album from the bottom is the next album (barring some kind of space-time continuum miracle).

AM
BT
ST
YHF
AGIB
SBS
WTA
TWL
SW

WS
OTJ

Well, the new album is finally here. After a dozen spins, I feel confident in ranking Ode to Joy at the very bottom of my list. As a long-time Wilco fan, I'm not happy or sad about this. It is what it is. Given the band's recent trajectory, though, I feel safe in saying that the only thing that could possibly bump the new album from the bottom is the next album (barring some kind of space-time continuum miracle).

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

WTA

TWL

SW

WS

OTJ

:lol

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

WTA

TWL

SW

WS

OTJ

:thumbup

Also this, for Old School types: OTPHJ > OTJ  :yes

There is so much tommyrot being written on these pages that I feel like quitting the board, lurking to read all the posts regretting my departure, then joining again on a wave of endorphins.

You are obviously a practiced member of the board! Many have used this same strategy to some advantage. (The endorphins are always nice.)

• 2 years later...

I'm not going to rank them as to which is best or worst, but rather, which one I'd be most enthusiastic about listening to at this point in time.

AGIB

SBS

SW

YHF

BT

TWL

WTA

St

Sch

AM

CC

OTJ

1 hour ago, theashtraysays said:

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.

Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

WTA

TWL

SW

WS

OTJ

CC

I agree 100%. I cannot see any compelling or logical reason to disagree with this assessment.

• Like 1
On 6/22/2022 at 2:01 PM, jff said:

I'm not going to rank them as to which is best or worst

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

• Like 2
On 6/22/2022 at 6:30 PM, theashtraysays said:

Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

WTA

TWL

SW

WS

OTJ

CC

Outrageous! All I can say is that it's lucky you didn't post this on the Facebook site or the fur would be really flying.

I need to log off, have a cup of tea and calm down. Then I will come back and ask the admins to get you banned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The ashtray says’ ranking is spot on. Anyone disagreeing with Beltmann’s intelligent, though simply logical, assessment of Cruel Country, is either a troll or an idiot.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Feel the latest album suffers from the lack of an acronym. In this Tik-Tok age that just doesn't cut it for me, so it has to be judged on that basis.

AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

WTA

TWL

SW

WS

OTJ

CC

C

I'm going to say you nailed this perfectly. No notes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1