Rank the Wilco albums

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

You're not even trying to follow the directions.

Must have something to do with things in Australia being home to backwards-bizzarro world, like the toilet water running in the opposite direction or something.

I expected better from froggie.

Guest Jules
AM

BT

ST

YHF

AGIB

I think we have a winner, technically speaking. And the Mermaid albums are not technically "Wilco studio albums", right?

And for all you AM bashers, you're just lying to yourselves if you think any other Wilco album was released before this one.

Thank you for participating, but I think you meant to post this in the "list some Wilco albums in non-chronological order and add numbers next to the title" thread.

I know exactly what thread this is... its the pompus wilco fans think they are funny thread, which is exactly why I did what I did.

Must have something to do with things in Australia being home to backwards-bizzarro world, like the toilet water running in the opposite direction or something.

:rotfl

I know exactly what thread this is... its the pompus wilco fans think they are funny thread, which is exactly why I did what I did.

I call bullshit.

It's a lot easier just to admit that you can't follow didn't read the instructions. I did.

Just let it go. I don't want anything to dilute the lesson I'm being taught.

P.S. It is time I address this. SBS, while not officially released on compact disc, HAS been released to the public in the form of a web stream. As such, it counts as a released Wilco studio album and should be included in all official rankings.

P.S. It is time I address this. SBS, while not officially released on compact disc, HAS been released to the public in the form of a web stream. As such, it counts as a released Wilco studio album and should be included in all official rankings.

It sure took you long enough to come up with a rationalization for your being wrong in the opening post.

I think many people thought we were ranking awesomeness not release order. At least I had that problem. So most of this thread is pointless, unless you find that mistake humerous. You guys are silly.

I think the point of this thread is that it is silly and pointless--yet here we are 9 pages later. I find that humorous.

I think the point of this thread is that it is silly and pointless--yet here we are 9 pages later. I find that humorous.

:hmm

I think you all are missing something ... there's clearly a tie for second place:

AM

BT (disc one) / BT (disc two)

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

Personally, I'd put BT disc one ahead of BT disc two, but that's just chronologically and alphabetically.

You are just trying to stir the pot.

And god damnit, do I love it.

No, the worst threads ever are the ones that crop up every few months dedicated to ranking our favorite Wilco albums. They always end up looking the same, sounding the same, inspiring the same arguments, etc.

You know what might be fun, though? We need a thread that cleverly satirizes the interminable sameness of those rank-your-favorite threads. Any ideas?

I'm including stuff that they had a large hand in shaping as well

01. Being There

02. Summerteeth

03. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

04. The Minus 5 - Down With Wilco

05. Mermaid Avenue Vol. 1

06. Mermaid Avenue Vol. 2

07. A Ghost Is Born

08. Sky Blue Sky

09. AM

10. Kicking Television