Being There

Mermaid Avenue

Summerteeth

Mermaid Avenue, Vol. 2

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

A Ghost Is Born

Kicking Television: Live

Sky Blue Sky

ranking wilco albums is becoming more like picking a favorite child. they are all different in their own way and just as special. i refuse to comply.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost THREE YEARS since our last contestant?  Sheesh.   Anyways, this new record does fit in with the other releases right where @Beltmann predicted.  I sense a trend.   AM B

I especially love the feature in our “new” board that says “2 years later…” like it’s some cheap movie or tv show.   

I'm not interested in doing that, either, which is why I'm definitely putting CC at the very bottom of my list. Putting it anywhere else? The mind boggles.

Posted Images

You know what might be fun, though? We need a thread that cleverly satirizes the interminable sameness of those rank-your-favorite threads. Any ideas?

I thought for a second you might be talking about this thread, but then I noticed you used the word "cleverly".

I think you all are missing something ... there's clearly a tie for second place:

AM

BT (disc one) / BT (disc two)

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

Personally, I'd put BT disc one ahead of BT disc two, but that's just chronologically and alphabetically.

I'm really close to agreeing here...

• 2 weeks later...
I think you all are missing something ... there's clearly a tie for second place:

AM

BT (disc one) / BT (disc two)

ST

YHF

AGIB

SBS

Personally, I'd put BT disc one ahead of BT disc two, but that's just chronologically and alphabetically.

Just that Being There is one wilco studio album

I pm'ed a couple of very important people who know what's what and they confirmed that anyone who disagrees with

am

bt

st

yhf

agib

sbs

is really just a lost cause and they should maybe be banned. :ohwell

For what it's worth, my 2 cents...

KT

Jeff's solo DVD tracks (Sunken Treasure)

YHF

SBS

BT

AM

ST

AGIB

MA1

MA2

Love the live stuff. Addicted to the live stuff. The live cut of the 9:30 concert in DC last October was sweet (especially the encore stuff)!

I like the new album. It's "cleaner" than their latest stuff. But it gets me excited as a template, a jumping-off point for what will be done for these songs live. The Side with the Seeds song is really growing on me (you have to get past the opening minute or so...). Curious to see Nels (yes?) grind out that solo on the tour...