• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jules
Watch out for both Vandy and USC tonight. I think one of them will win. I also like UNLV over Oregon, which would be a small upset as well.

Well, Vandy and USC both had their chances. Some good games tonight, except UNLV couldn't get anything to fall.

Edit: if the refs had any balls to call the travel on Georgetown...

Well, Vandy and USC both had their chances. Some good games tonight, except UNLV couldn't get anything to fall.

I was up in the 200 section, and I even could see that it was definitely a walk. Vandy did have their chances though. Great game!!!

USC just ran out of gas. Gibson's foul trouble in the 2nd half killed them.

Overall, those were 2 of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. It really all evened out, though, because there were so many awful calls both ways in both games.

Last observation:

UNC Fans = Annoying

USC Dance Team = Very Nice :thumbup

How about Billy Packer saying he's not sure he saw a walk even after they showed it in zoomed-in-super-slow-mo? I've really grown to dislike him as the years go by.

Some good games tonight, except UNLV couldn't get anything to fall.

Seriously, what the hell is with nobody EVER giving props to Oregon? It's always "well so-&-so had a bad night, so they lost" or "well they had a off night", never Oregon is playing great.

I mean, nobody is saying anything good about us. WE MADE IT TO THE ELITE 8!!! HELLO!!! WE CAN PLAY BASKETBALL!!

jesus.

oom-bah-ah-MOOOO-tay!

New game boys & girls...next Saturday, every time the announcer says that name you must take a drink. :cheers

Guest Jules
How about Billy Packer saying he's not sure he saw a walk even after they showed it in zoomed-in-super-slow-mo? I've really grown to dislike him as the years go by.

Can't disagree with you on Packer in general, but I think he did say it was a travel, no? I know I said the refs didn't "have the balls" to call it, but it was just missed. That kind of call gets missed all the time. If it happens with 12 minutes left, no one would remember. One call does not decide a game, no matter how bad the officiating may seem overall. The shit evens out. Vandy has no one to blame but themselves.

Oh, wait, I have Georgetown winning the whole thing. Maybe I'm biased.

So I guess I was destined to have to make this call. At the start of the tourney I insisted my loyalties were still with my childhood team (Georgetown) over my alma mater (OSU). But somehow I didn't expect them both to be standing at this point, so now I'm forced to actually make that tough call. I'm an OSU grad, living in Columbus...can I possibly root against them? I think it'll have to be a gametime decision. I'll have to drink heavily on the matter and get back to you guys...

You guys are killing me. How can I choose between my love for the Hoya Paranoia and my equal love for burning furniture and mayhem at the corner of 11th & Chittenden? :yay

Better go w/ teh Bucks, Q23...or else the cocaine-crazed ghost of McClain will haunt you. :D

My bracket still sucks, but I did pick three of the last four teams.

Now I need Georgetown and Florida to meet in the final, with the Hoyas taking the title ... I'll win my family pool that way, but only place third in teh VC pool.