• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG that looks delish. :yes We loves the cajun cooking in our house. My parents just brought us a bunch of cajun spices, file' etc. from a recent trip to Louisiana...care to share your recipe? :)

The trinity looks beautiful...sweet orange bell pepper? Mmmmmm.....*drool What kind of sausage is that?

i had an ice cream sammich. that krispy kreme mug in the background of the first pic is mine though. also the coca cola lunch box.

That's all c66's then?

A twice in a lifetime event: homemade fried chicken.

IMG_0002.jpg

OMG that looks delish. :yes We loves the cajun cooking in our house. My parents just brought us a bunch of cajun spices, file' etc. from a recent trip to Louisiana...care to share your recipe? :)

The trinity looks beautiful...sweet orange bell pepper? Mmmmmm.....*drool What kind of sausage is that?

Yeah, orange bell pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, celery and green onions. Um, one pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs (breasts were called for in the recipe, but I think it turned out great) one and a half pounds of garlic & herb chicken sausage from whole foods, four slices of Oscar Meyer center cut bacon. Five cups chicken broth, four cups rice. Salt, pepper, garlic salt, garlic pepper, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp oregano and a bunch (about 2 tablespoons) of this cajun spice mix that Jen's sister makes. No fil

Tonight I was lazy, ordered pizza.

Tomorrow I am cooking for a pair of female co-workers (as I have done the last two weeks), current plan: Avacado/Cucumber/Sprout salad, Steamed Asparagus, Chicken in Peanut Sauce, Lightly fried Potatoes and Mushrooms, and Crab Cakes.

Mixed drinks to accompany, to be decided tomorrow.

Should be delicious if I don't mess it up.

IMG_1983.jpg

:hmm

just kidding, haven't decided yet. flick's got me thinking pork chops on the grill.

I bought a new toaster this week and was horrified to find that the little manual that comes with it is very much against using the appliance to cook Pop-tarts! :o

I eat bagels and toast and such but my first thought when my old toaster died was, "Oh my! I've got to get another one right away so I can have my Poptarts!" Needless to say, this new toaster is going to cook my pop-tarts and she'll damn well like it!!!! :yes

I bought a new toaster this week and was horrified to find that the little manual that comes with it is very much against using the appliance to cook Pop-tarts! :o

nobody reads the manual for a toaster. :thumbup that was your only mistake, i say toast away.

p.s. now that it's 10:15 and i still haven't decided, it looks like beer for dinner tonight. i'll take another shot at food tomorrow.

IMG_1983.jpg

:hmm

just kidding, haven't decided yet. flick's got me thinking pork chops on the grill.

first off--i would do very well at your house. Especially if there were some fruit flavored pop tarts.

second-- your member title should be "one eyed and blue"

My din-din last night consisted of some mighty tasty kebabs:

I used about 20 oz. of sirloin, cut into approx. 1.5" cubes. Marinate for a few hours in 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, a handful of cilantro (both chopped all to hell), a tablespoon of garam masala powder, a dash or three of fresh grated or powdered ginger, a dash of dried chile flakes, and a liberal dose of kosher salt and pepper. This makes about 5 healthy-portioned skewers (or more if you're using smaller skewers I guess...). Toss that junk on a hot grill and turn frequently for about 8 minutes.

For the sauce, toss a half-handful of chopped cilantro, a few healthy dashes of garam masala, salt, pepper, and several splashes of hot sauce into about a cup of plain yogurt. Stir well and chill for a few minutes.

Eat.

Mr. Liverwurst, thank you for that recipe btw. :) I wished we had a place to get sausage like that. :yes

I'm gonna try it out sometime soon...gumbo too.

It was close to 80 here last night, so we grilled chicken breasteses and had baked sweet potatoes and salad...yummy, simple, "summer" meal (sometimes like to substitute sweet corn on the cob for sweet potatoes).

Sadly, it's back down in the 50s and rainy here. I think I'm gonna make an alfredo, angel hair concoction with veggies and leftover chicken tonight. With lots of parmesan.

Kebabs sound really good. And so does home fried chicken, and pork chops on the grill. Damn...must be lunchtime. ;)

Mr. Liverwurst, thank you for that recipe btw. :) I wished we had a place to get sausage like that. :yes

I'm gonna try it out sometime soon...gumbo too.

I don't know where you are in Kansas, but there's a Whole Foods in Overland Park. Otherwise, most higher end grocery stores (out this way anyway) have at least some fresh specialty sausages at the butcher counter. I had to cook these a bit before slicing to keep them from falling apart, so something semi-dry with a firm texture is probably preferable. They have a great flavor, though.

...four slices of Oscar Meyer center cut bacon.

:thumbup

ben, that jambalaya looks ROCKIN'!

and that fried chicken. good lord. :worship

now eating: last night's sausage and mushroom pizza, reheated in the oven. yum!

Tonight I was lazy, ordered pizza.

Tomorrow I am cooking for a pair of female co-workers (as I have done the last two weeks), current plan: Avacado/Cucumber/Sprout salad, Steamed Asparagus, Chicken in Peanut Sauce, Lightly fried Potatoes and Mushrooms, and Crab Cakes.

Mixed drinks to accompany, to be decided tomorrow.

Should be delicious if I don't mess it up.

You must, I repeat must, share the recipes for this. Oh my it sounds wonderful. Actually I guess it's all more or less self-explanatory, except would you detail the chicken instructions, and the potatoes & mushrooms, if there's any specifics we should know?

:dribble :dribble :dribble

I'm going to short out this computer if I don't stop reading this thread.