Oh, and for the sake of attempting to remain on topic, I made the most delicious big vat of Irish Beef Stew last night, with fabulous broth and the beef simmered until it melted in your mouth, it was so tender. I doubled the recipe....with growing children in the house, it's necessary! :lol But now there's a goodly amount of leftovers, so perhaps I can skip cooking tonight. Yippee!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

690364.gif

Cappuccino Fudge Blitz:

I'm not really into Blue Bunny but this flavor has a lot of quality things going on for it...

"Coffee flavored ice cream with White Chocolate Cremes, Mocha Espresso Brownies and Chocolate Fudge Swirl"

What I really need to get a hold of is some of that Steven Colbert Ben and Jerry's!

beef sauages that are dangerously close to their use-by date

Living on the edge, eh froggie?

In an unintentional tribute to the artist formerly known as caliber66, I had some liverwurst today.

Liver grosses me out otherwise, but my parents fed me liverwurst when I was too young to be disgusted by it, and it's become a comfort food for me. I decided I was due some comfort food after yesterday's events, so I went for a sandwich made with some Oscar Mayer braunschweiger and super-sharp cheddar cheese. :eat

Living on the edge, eh froggie?

In an unintentional tribute to the artist formerly known as caliber66, I had some liverwurst today.

Liver grosses me out otherwise, but my parents fed me liverwurst when I was too young to be disgusted by it, and it's become a comfort food for me. I decided I was due some comfort food after yesterday's events, so I went for a sandwich made with some Oscar Mayer braunschweiger and super-sharp cheddar cheese. :eat

My former boyfriend would always take Oscar Mayer braunschweiger when we went on day long canoe trips. I have still never tasted it.

I do like a nice goose liver pate, however.

My din-din last night consisted of some mighty tasty kebabs:

I used about 20 oz. of sirloin, cut into approx. 1.5" cubes. Marinate for a few hours in 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, a handful of cilantro (both chopped all to hell), a tablespoon of garam masala powder, a dash or three of fresh grated or powdered ginger, a dash of dried chile flakes, and a liberal dose of kosher salt and pepper. This makes about 5 healthy-portioned skewers (or more if you're using smaller skewers I guess...). Toss that junk on a hot grill and turn frequently for about 8 minutes.

For the sauce, toss a half-handful of chopped cilantro, a few healthy dashes of garam masala, salt, pepper, and several splashes of hot sauce into about a cup of plain yogurt. Stir well and chill for a few minutes.

Eat.

Dearest Whitty,

Made this the other night, it was fabulous. :thumbup :worship :cheekkiss

Finally back home tonight, eating a wonderfully plain salad.

Wednesday night at Babette's (roast chicken, asparagus, grits)

Thursday night at Feast (duck, rice, greens, chocolate kahlua creme cake)

Friday night at Watershed (salmon croquettes, roasted tomatoes, fried cauliflower, very chocolate cake--and owned by lesbian Indigo Girl, Emily Saliers!).

More than you need to know...

marinated in what? i have flank steak in the freezer that doesn't look like it would be that good just thrown on the grill?

It's just a South Beach Diet recipe, so I'm sure you could find a better marinade if you're not concerned with such things. ;)

It's pretty good, though. I love me some balsamic vinegar.

I had a roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomato and horseradish sauce and a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of potato salad to go with it.