Patti Smith: "I'm no sell-out"

Velvet Underground weren't part of the Punk/Post punk wave, since they broke up waaay before that happened...they were certainly influential as were Lou Reed and John Cale, former members of VU.

I watched it last night on the webcast and it was great to see her accept the award. Shes wonderful, Horses is an incredible album. Zack de la Rocha's induction speech was great and highlighted why she is incredibly important.

I know VU is not whatever that dude said - I ment NY bands in general I suppose.

There are those who feel Lou Reed is the father of punk rock.

You ever check out Television?

Yes - not my cup of tea.

I finally got around to watching the R&RHOF show last night...still don't get the Patti Smith thing. It was nice to see the 4 guys from REM back on stage together again though...and especially nice that they played "Gardening at Night".

Oh, and Ronnie Spector's voice is only a shadow of its former greatness, and that actually made me sad.

I finally got around to watching the R&RHOF show last night...still don't get the Patti Smith thing. It was nice to see the 4 guys from REM back on stage together again though...and especially nice that they played "Gardening at Night".

Oh, and Ronnie Spector's voice is only a shadow of its former greatness, and that actually made me sad.

Was she inducted by Eddie Money?